Dilemma on resubmitting

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Szkwicz, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Szkwicz

Szkwicz Senior Member

Ok, I'm not famaliar with re-submitting an AMCAS, but I think I may have just gotten a reason to and I wanted to collect some thoughts on if it might be worthwhile. I originally submitted my AMCAS on July 30th. Today I was informed that I won a scholarship for being selected as the top premedical student at my college. :D
    That made me pretty happy because the extra money will help.
    But, what I was wondering was if I could update this on my AMCAS. My application has not been processed yet and the change notification button has not appeared. Will I lose my "spot in line" in the procession that AMCAS gets to processing applications. Do you think it is worthwhile to go back into my application to note this? Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated...especially if anyone has resubmitted to update an post-sec experience. Thanks alot y'all.
    -Andy

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats

Well if you were the top premedical student at your college that must mean you have some DOPE ASS EC's and probably really good scores and GPA right?
    So I wouldn't risk it. You are strong enough (i assume) without a silly little award. Add it in "additional info" on all the secondaries is my suggestion.

4. Barton

Barton Senior Member

I just changed mine the other day to reflect some course changes for the fall, and my app was verified today. Of course, AMCAS has been sending out apps (via snail-mail), so med schools may already have your app. They have had mine for a week (full app at some places, 1 page summary at others) and mine was just verified today.

5. SMW

SMW Grand Member

I'd go ahead and enter it. You don't lose your place in line when you make changes. I've made several since my July 25 submssion, and my submission date has stayed the same. I think I recall that someone had even talked to AMCAS about the issue and were told once you have a submission date, it reamins the same. But Barton is right about the schools maybe having your app already. (Have you sent out any paper copies?) So, you'll probably have to mention it in your secondaries as well.

6. elle

elle Senior Member

I was told that once you have submitted your application, your submission date will not change not will your order of processing, so it can't hurt to re-submit your application.

However, like half of what the phone people at AMCAS have told me they have later changed their minds on! So take that info with a grain of salt. :)

7. synite

synite Senior Member

even if people have been able to successfully re-submit without losing their place in line, i wouldn't risk it. there's plenty of room on secondaries to mention such an award. in fact, since it's such a big thing, you may want to wait and add it to secondaries to make it stand out even more. dunno if that makes sense, but it may be a good idea.