Dilemma:: Retook DAT, any suggestions??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

speedkdy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I re-took DAT but some of my marks went up and some went down. I have 3.48cgpa/3.43sgpa and I have 1 interview so far from NYU.

First DAT(July)
PAT:24
QR:19
RC:15
BIO:20
GC:21
OC:29:D
TS:21
AA:21

Second DAT(Today)
PAT:22
QR:21
RC:17:((English is my second language)
BIO:19
GC:23
OC:20:mad:
TS:20
AA:20

I submitted the application on June 4 and took first DAT on july 17. I applied to BU,Buffalo,CASE,Columbia,Harvard,Maryland,NYU,Penn,Temple,and Tufts. I have 2 rejections so far(Buffalo, CASE) and I am wondering if I should let rest 7 schools know my new score. I thought my applications have been on hold due to 15RC in first time, so I decided to retake it but other marks went down. Should I send this score to schools? or should I just be satisfied with one interview?
Any suggestions??

Members don't see this ad.

I re-took DAT but some of my marks went up and some went down. I have 3.48cgpa/3.43sgpa and I have 1 interview so far from NYU.

First DAT(July)
PAT:24
QR:19
RC:15
BIO:20
GC:21
OC:29:D
TS:21
AA:21

Second DAT(Today)
PAT:22
QR:21
RC:17:((English is my second language)
BIO:19
GC:23
OC:20:mad:
TS:20
AA:20

I submitted the application on June 4 and took first DAT on july 17. I applied to BU,Buffalo,CASE,Columbia,Harvard,Maryland,NYU,Penn,Temple,and Tufts. I have 2 rejections so far(Buffalo, CASE) and I am wondering if I should let rest 7 schools know my new score. I thought my applications have been on hold due to 15RC in first time, so I decided to retake it but other marks went down. Should I send this score to schools? or should I just be satisfied with one interview?
Any suggestions??

Argh.

This is indeed a very difficult decision.

Your first DAT had better AA and PAT, but a RC score thats not good enough to make thr cut-offs for some schools.

Your second DAT has lower AA/PAT, but your RC did improve to an acceptable range.

If I were you, I'd contact the schools to see which ones have cut offs for RC and which do not. For those that dont have a strict cut-off for RC, just keep the original score. For those that have a strict RC cut-off, send in your new score.

^ Agreed. Call them and ask, but don't mention the retake.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not being patronizing when I say this, but nice job the retake. Your scores are more balanced, and the 17 is likely going to help you pass a few cutoffs for RC.

For schools like Pitt that take the highest individual scores from the two exams you have taken, I think it will benefit you nicely.

I don't think most schools I applied to have a cut-off line for DAT. Do schools usually have a minimum scores? I visited their websites but can't find any minimum scores except Tufts. Tufts has minimum scores but it's just 16AA/15PAT/16TS.

Remainings: Boston, Columbia, Maryland, Penn, Harvard, Tufts, Temple

So if you're looking for a application strategy, who cares about what most schools think? The only thing that matters is what that individual school thinks. You can selectively send your new scores to certain schools and not others. You decide which. Send out the new scores that want balance at the cost of a lower AA. And have cut-offs for which you didn't qualify the first time around.

Ask them what? Should I withhold my recent scores with the purpose of deceiving the admissions committee?

I was referring to post above mine. Ask schools if they have a cutoff. Maybe read the whole thing before acting rude.