[Dilemma] To Update or Not to Update, Bad Fall Sem Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JosephFrancisco

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dilemma:

Updating my grades will jeopardize my chance of getting accepted from the two schools I interviewed post-December.
Not Updating my grades: some schools will not process my application.

Can anyone give me their 2 cents on this?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The schools will know about your grades anyway later on. Also, if the schools you interviewed at really want to know how you did last semester, they might not accept you right away and might place you on wait list until you update the grades then they make a decision.. I'd say update your grades so other schools will process your application and hopefully the two you interviewed at won't look at the fall grades as condition of acceptance.

When is the last day to update your grades anyways?

Members don't see this ad :)
The schools will know about your grades anyway later on. Also, if the schools you interviewed at really want to know how you did last semester, they might not accept you right away and might place you on wait list until you update the grades then they make a decision.. I'd say update your grades so other schools will process your application and hopefully the two you interviewed at won't look at the fall grades as condition of acceptance.

Yeah, that's exactly what I am worried about..

You can't hide the grades forever. I would go ahead and update.

Reactions: 1 user
Update....better than put a deposit down and have them rescind their offer when they do get your final grades...which I don't think would happen, but who knows. Like a lot of ppl above said, they may not make any decision until they see your updated grades anyways

Can you go to sleep at night if you got an acceptance knowing you didn't disclose final grades, and that in 4 months they may rescind it come June when you have to submit it through transcript anyways?

Can you go to sleep at night if you got an acceptance knowing you didn't disclose final grades, and that in 4 months they may rescind it come June when you have to submit it through transcript anyways?

Well, I got a C, not F. So I don't think they are going to rescind the offer.