Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

karakhanyan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have been taking kaplan since January, got a 19 on the diagnostics, and 21 on my first full length. The problem is: even though I have spent that much money on their course, I do not click with their "oh-so-magic" strategies. It feels like the stuff in their lectures and books is waaaaay more detailed than it is really necessary, and I feel their mapping strategies don't work. Bottom line is: I have decided to start again with the EK materials (which I feel is much easier to work with) until I take the mcat on May 16th.

Now the million dollar question is: Suppose I study and average of 8 hours a day. Do you guys think I still have time to turn the situation around by May 16th? This is making me feel like :barf:

Members don't see this ad.

that's a tough question and the same situation i am in..

i say go for it..but gauge yourself on practice exams and see where u stand

8 hrs a day until May, yea you can do that!

:laugh: I'm going to go ahead and assume you were being sarcastic (always hear to tell on the computer). But in all seriousness - 8 hours a day of studying will burn you out!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for replying! You guys give me hope!
By the way... I was not being sarcastic. Believe it or not I can go on and on studying without burning out. My husband calls me "Duracell" :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for replying! You guys give me hope!
By the way... I was not being sarcastic. Believe it or not I can go on and on studying without burning out. My husband calls me "Duracell" :laugh: :laugh:

thats how i was too, but after taking crap loads of problems you do eventually burn out. luckily for me, i'm motivated again right before game time.

i'm sure you can do it with practice. just make sure you get a hold on your concepts.

I was like a machine at first as well. Then time wore on and regular course work took its toll. Like Killinsound said, my motivation and drive is kickin in again. (got an exam thats gonna be tough next week.) After that its 100% focus for 10-12 days. BTW to the OP, I will agree that some of Kaplans methods are pretty bogus, however the review textbooks are review of the basic sciences that will be tested by the MCAT.