Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fade2Blue

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi people,

I wished I had found this website when I was doing my applications... enjoyed all the great advice & wisdom...

I was wondering if any one can tell me if it's a good idea to go to an interview in SD on Friday and then another one in LA on Sat morning. I haven't done much research on SC and don't feel too confident. But if I reschedule (if that's even possible) would that make me a less desirable applicant?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you decide to reschedule, I would suggest to reschedule the UCSD interview because USC uses rolling admissions.

I believe they only reschedule under extreme circumstances....I also have SC on sat and SD on monday.....just have to deal with it...you still have over 2 weeks to prepare

Members don't see this ad :)
Good Information about USC pharmacy.

Shameless plug for USC (this is written by USC):

(1) School of history and tradition of FIRSTS
----Established in 1905: USC School of Phramacy has a history of 98 years
----The first Pharmacy School in the nation to offer Doctor of Pharmacy Degree
----The first to initiate the Clinical Pharmacy in the nation
----The first to offer clinical clerkship (where you can practice your book knowledge)
----The first to offer Pharm.D./MBA duel degrees program

(2) "Trojan Family"--exceptional network of support
----More than 50% of the pharmacists in Southern California are graduates of our school
----Presidents and Chief Executive Officers of major pharmaceutical manufacturers serve on the school's Board of Councilors.
----Exceptional base of alumni and community supporters ensures continue growth of the school and the "Trojan Family"
----We are affiliated with 96 hospitals and 185 community pharmacies

(3) Reputation of outstanding faculty and the quality of education
---In 2001 USC School of Pharmacy ranked #1 in California with 92.6%% passing rate on the Board License Exam compared to 73%-77.8% for other pharmacy schools in California.
---In 2000 USC School of Pharmacy ranked #1 among all California Pharmacy Schools in Board License
---Faculty members are consistently ranked at the top of their fields through research and publications
---Many faculty members received local and national teaching awards for their outstanding teaching abilities.
---Exchange programs exist with prestigious universities in Japan, Korea, China, France, Denmark, Australia and Argentina.

(4) Active accomplished student body
---Many students actively participate in student governments, boards, professional fraternities, student honor and professional pharmacy organizations (many long lasting friendships and career network start here!)
---Win prestigious awards from APhA, including the first place chapter award and the region 8 operation immunization award.
---Consistently receive prestigious outside grants and scholarships in addition to competitive grants and scholorships offered through the School of Pharmacy and University of Southern California.

(5) Community Involvement
---"Kid Day": Bring pre-teens to campus to learn about pharmacy and health sciences
---Bravo-Star Program: scientific research opportunity for community youth.
---Continuing Education programs to promote education in up-to-date pharmacy practice to local pharmacists.

(6) Located in LA

also see: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61449&perpage=20&pagenumber=4

Wow! Thanks BMBiology. That helps a lot. Are you currently at SC? I guess I'll take Tanyas's advice and suck it up. Good luck, Tanyas...

Fade2Blue,
what time is your iv at SC?