1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Ding, ding, ding……..ROUND TWO

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Gargamel, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Gargamel

Gargamel Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    So does any one know how this works? Is it truly a free for all where acceptances are given out at any time? Is there another date to wait for? Any insight would be great!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DentalNerd

DentalNerd Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    First round acceptancees have 45 days to respond and place deposits. So if a school, such as Temple, sends out enough first round acceptances (200) to fill their class, you will have to wait until mid January for the second round. Of course not all 200 will accept due to multiple offers and seats will open up. Other schools such as ASDOH only send a few offers Dec 1 (I think 20). I would think they can send additional offers any time. It just depends on each school's system. Hope this helps. I'm sure others will reply with additional information.

Good luck to you. There's still plenty of time. I've met students who interviewed at Nova in Feb and were accepted.

4. Rezdawg

Rezdawg 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Like dentalnerd said, its based on the school's system. When I was applying, for instance, UT-Houston mailed them out on Dec. 1st, Feb. 1st, March 1st, and April 1st.