Ding, ding, ding……..ROUND TWO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gargamel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So does any one know how this works? Is it truly a free for all where acceptances are given out at any time? Is there another date to wait for? Any insight would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

Gargamel said:
So does any one know how this works? Is it truly a free for all where acceptances are given out at any time? Is there another date to wait for? Any insight would be great!

First round acceptancees have 45 days to respond and place deposits. So if a school, such as Temple, sends out enough first round acceptances (200) to fill their class, you will have to wait until mid January for the second round. Of course not all 200 will accept due to multiple offers and seats will open up. Other schools such as ASDOH only send a few offers Dec 1 (I think 20). I would think they can send additional offers any time. It just depends on each school's system. Hope this helps. I'm sure others will reply with additional information.

Good luck to you. There's still plenty of time. I've met students who interviewed at Nova in Feb and were accepted.

Like dentalnerd said, its based on the school's system. When I was applying, for instance, UT-Houston mailed them out on Dec. 1st, Feb. 1st, March 1st, and April 1st.