Dinner Guests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GOINGDUMB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed... Quick Question:

So suppose I have an old friend from pre med stuff who is currently a med student (M2) at the med school whose residency I am interviewing at...

They have a dinner the night before and want to know if I wanna bring a guest.

Can I bring her?

Members don't see this ad.

yes. i wouldn't worry about it. usually people don't pry into your guests that much.

Sorry if this has been discussed... Quick Question:

So suppose I have an old friend from pre med stuff who is currently a med student (M2) at the med school whose residency I am interviewing at...

They have a dinner the night before and want to know if I wanna bring a guest.

Can I bring her?

can you bring guests? and no, i really don't think you should bring your friend unless this guest is your spouse or SO. i would think it's just weird otherwise and your fellow residents might be thinking :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
I dig. Hmmm I should of made this a poll lol. Yeah they asked if I have a guest to bring.

I dig. Hmmm I should of made this a poll lol. Yeah they asked if I have a guest to bring.

I think by guest the mean someone who you will be making the decision about residency with (i.e. husband, wife, gf, bf). I

No. They (the program) are paying for your meals, Unless it is a spouse or SO, it isn't appropriate to take any friend with you.

usually refers to significant other

Word. Thanks guys.

My conclusion is this girl is a dinner no-go.

Lets just hope they aren't serving dessert at this ;)

Quick question on a kind-of-related note.

The dinner invites I've received repeatedly state "casual dinner," but how does that translate to attire? Are they implying business casual? (My sex is of the male persuasion.) Are slacks + sport coat okay? Slacks + button-up? Jack-Donaghy-esque full tuxedo?

I don't want to stick out like an idiot. Thanks!

Quick question on a kind-of-related note.

The dinner invites I've received repeatedly state "casual dinner," but how does that translate to attire? Are they implying business casual? (My sex is of the male persuasion.) Are slacks + sport coat okay? Slacks + button-up? Jack-Donaghy-esque full tuxedo?

I don't want to stick out like an idiot. Thanks!

They mean business casual. What you would wear on the wards, minus your white coat and tie. A sport coat would be fine but unnecessary most places.

I've been wearing this to my IV dinners and it seems well received...

Attachments

• IV dinner attire.jpg
    IV dinner attire.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 34