Diploma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jesse14

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey i know this is a dumb question but i'm just wondeing what a Medical School dploma looks like and how many go you get in total after your done med school? Do you get one for each section on the boards you pass?|

Just curious :)

Thanks all

Members don't see this ad.

hi,

you get one from your medical school granting you the MD. You also get one for each board that you took and pass so if you do pulmonary and critical care then you will have three other pieces of paper-- one for internal, one for pulmonary, and one for critical care. You also get a piece of paper stating that you are licenced to practice medicine in whatever state you are practicing in. From what I know that is the only thing you are required to have on your wall, but people put the other stuff up too. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that you also usually get a certificate from the schools where you do a residency and/or fellowship just stating that you trained there and the field you trained in. As you can see it can add up.

People in medicine literally get pieces of paper for everything. Some are suitable for framing, others are not. For their M.D. , for their residency, when they become members of professional societies...everything. There's a great scene in Garden State where a camera pans up a wall of a psychiatrist's diplomas and he's started putting them on the ceiling. Hilarious.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just order fake ones from the internet and work in Guatemala. That's what I'm doing to get some clinical exposure.

Larsitron said:
People in medicine literally get pieces of paper for everything. Some are suitable for framing, others are not. For their M.D. , for their residency, when they become members of professional societies...everything. There's a great scene in Garden State where a camera pans up a wall of a psychiatrist's diplomas and he's started putting them on the ceiling. Hilarious.

That's so funny because that's why i asked the question!
That's such a great movie eh?

I'm pretty sure you can call up your school/society and order as many as you want, assuming you actually earned one. They will, of course, charge you for each copy which is why they will let you get as many as your wallet will let you.

-X

jesse14 said:
...how many go you get in total after your done med school? ...

And don't forget the wallet sized copy itself.

yes you can, but sometimes it can take a while. Like if the dean is on vacation playing golf or something so he can't sign your copy which he has to do. This happened to a friend of mine. She needed to get a new copy of her internal med residency completion form. hehe

xanthines said:
I'm pretty sure you can call up your school/society and order as many as you want, assuming you actually earned one. They will, of course, charge you for each copy which is why they will let you get as many as your wallet will let you.

-X