Dire Need of HELP!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Looser101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello people,

Well my exam is in a month (8/24) and here is how poor I am doing in my AAMC practise exams.

AAMC 3 (7/4) B3 P5 V2
AAMC 4 (7/11) B6 P4 V4
AAMC 5 (7/21) B6 P6 V3

I really dont know what is really going on - It seems like either I dont get the stuff or doing some silly mistakes when I go over my answeres. Any advise on how to improve will really help.

PS: I work from 8 - 5 and I usually study from like 5:30 till 11:30PM M-F and I study saturdays and sundays in the mornings.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello people,

Well my exam is in a month (8/24) and here is how poor I am doing in my AAMC practise exams.

AAMC 3 (7/4) B3 P5 V2
AAMC 4 (7/11) B6 P4 V4
AAMC 5 (7/21) B6 P6 V3

I really dont know what is really going on - It seems like either I dont get the stuff or doing some silly mistakes when I go over my answeres. Any advise on how to improve will really help.

PS: I work from 8 - 5 and I usually study from like 5:30 till 11:30PM M-F and I study saturdays and sundays in the mornings.

Thanks
oh man.......
Honestly, to tell you the truth, I do not think that you should take the MCAT's coming up on the 24th. With those scores like that, you need to still review every section. Trust me. I studied for 6 months straight and applied late because I saw improvement on my score. You are very busy I can see that but you have to know that you got to prepare more with the MCAT's with other sources than just AAMC tests, and with a month in advance, people on the AAMC practice tests score higher than 25+ after reviewing some sections.
If you really can pull it off in a month and drastically improve, than go ahead but I rather see you succeed than get a bad score on the MCAT's. I would in that situation move then MCAT's to another date until I have seen improvements on my practice exams. Do you use Kaplan/ Princeton Review, EK?

I know you are trolling.

Probably the same person is trolling with diff account.

Please SDN, track IP and IP hammer ban him.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am really serious guys this is not trolling at all. It is okay if you guys think am not smart enough – but I am determined to improve and am really serious about this.
Thanks a lot (breakdanceboa) that really helps. I usually take the exams in the evening – and I think am little tired at that time – so I'll try to take it on the weekends (at 1pm – b/c that's when my exam is).
I am using TBR books and I have TPR online access – but somehow it is not letting me take the practice exams due to the browser I am using. I am looking into that.

I am going to take off work in the last two weeks and hopefully by then my scores should improve.

And sorry if this is discouraging to you guys - I came here to get some advise , encouragment and tips to improve.

210-1211-1314-15
11 to 13 out of 40 on verbal for AAMC 3.

You can guess and get 10/40 statistically (25%).

Same goes for your PS section.

If you aren't trolling, you should stop going internet and seriously study if MCAT is 1 month away, you practically have 0, NADA, NO, 1/INFINIty, hanado up-nun time left as I see it...

I am really serious guys this is not trolling at all. It is okay if you guys think am not smart enough – but I am determined to improve and am really serious about this.
Thanks a lot (breakdanceboa) that really helps. I usually take the exams in the evening – and I think am little tired at that time – so I’ll try to take it on the weekends (at 1pm – b/c that’s when my exam is).
I am using TBR books and I have TPR online access – but somehow it is not letting me take the practice exams due to the browser I am using. I am looking into that.

I am going to take off work in the last two weeks and hopefully by then my scores should improve.

And sorry if this is discouraging to you guys - I came here to get some advise , encouragment and tips to improve.

hmmmm,
Princeton review is a good guide but really it did not help for me. try EK 101 for each section. they go in depth and also try not to study too long. I usually study for 1-3 hrs every day.

Thanks a lot (breakdanceboa) that really helps. I usually take the exams in the evening – and I think am little tired at that time – so I’ll try to take it on the weekends (at 1pm – b/c that’s when my exam is).

If you're getting scores like that, then obviously you're not pulling your weight when it comes to studying. I'm telling you this from experience. 4 months ago, I barely knew anything at all. It was embarrassing to call myself a pre-med student. Yet after many days of studying and intense prep, the material became more understandable and fluent. If you're getting scores like that then chances are you're unfamiliar with a majority of the material - and if that's the case, then it was silly to ask us how you can improve when YOU know the reason. That's why so many of us are saying you're a troll. Not because of how low your scores are, but because of you neglecting to acknowledge the weaknesses you know you have.

And just so you know - all the reading in the world is worthless if you don't apply what you learn through practice. Make an effort to understand what you're reading (don't read passively) and immediately after you read do practice problems. That's the only way you'll be able to retain and recall all the necessary information for the MCAT.

And just so you know - all the reading in the world is worthless if you don't apply what you learn through practice. Make an effort to understand what you're reading (don't read passively) and immediately after you read do practice problems. That's the only way you'll be able to retain and recall all the necessary information for the MCAT.

This is very true. I have a friend who has been reading MCAT material for over a year and is scoring in the low twenties. If he had been practicing all of that time im sure he would be scoring higher.

If you really aren't trolling, then you probably need a major change in attitude about yourself and your abilities (just a wild guess from looking at the username you came up with). Your beliefs will have a huge effect on how you improve while studying for this test, so I suggest you fix any unhealthy ones you may have about your intelligence level or the difficulty of the MCAT before you go into this test.

dude you get a 1 in each section just for taking the exam. how many questions do you have to miss to get a 2 in verbal?

Are you studying with BR for PS? I'm not sure how your highest score is only a six if you're actually putting the time in to doing the majority of the passages at the end of each section. Something is fishy.