Direct Loans payments not qualifying for public service loan forgiveness

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WACAT

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else currently in a repayment status under IBR and planning to do public service loan forgiveness? The direct loans website has a payment tracker under payment history stating if your payment qualifies and how many you have left to make to reach 120. Problem is that none of my full payments under IBR which are on time have been counted.

I called them and they didn't know what was going on and said that one computer said they count and are on time but another system isn't registering my payments at all. Has anyone else had a similar problem on the website?

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone else currently in a repayment status under IBR and planning to do public service loan forgiveness? The direct loans website has a payment tracker under payment history stating if your payment qualifies and how many you have left to make to reach 120. Problem is that none of my full payments under IBR which are on time have been counted.

I called them and they didn't know what was going on and said that one computer said they count and are on time but another system isn't registering my payments at all. Has anyone else had a similar problem on the website?

Welcome to govt controlled life...........:D

:(

Members don't see this ad :)

Did you have to provide evidence of where you work for this?

WACAT, any luck sorting things out? I'm pulling for you (and maybe tapping your brain for help when I start payback.) Good luck.

I am having this same problem. You got farther than I did in obtaining information. They would not respond. Finally said that in July someone would go in to consider corrections. At least one person did say they could not see where there was a problem.

Please let me know if you have been able to resolve this.