Direct TEMPLE & UT-Memphis INTERVIEW HELP!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dental2001

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody!
I got an interview from Temple & UT-Memphis, both before they saw my DAT scores! What happens if I go to the interview in January but give them my DAT scores after that?Some had the same experiences? The person from Temple also added some extra sentences under my inerview paper! It sounds very good and I think they are right now interested in me but what do you think how much the DAT would count?
Thanks for your HELP!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I was in the same boat with the late DAT scores. I ended up getting accepted to UT-Memphis, Temple and U of L all in Dec. after a late DAT attempt in October. If I can help in anyway...

Originally posted by indamouth:
Hi,

I was in the same boat with the late DAT scores. I ended up getting accepted to UT-Memphis, Temple and U of L all in Dec. after a late DAT attempt in October. If I can help in anyway...

Hi Indamouth!
Cool that there is someone else there that had the same luck as me! I am happy for you that you got that may acceptances! Where do you go now? (dental )
My question: I decided to go for the DAT in some days but I see that my time is not enough! I will rescedule it for the end of January! Yes, not the best solution but that is the only way to give them a good score!
How is UT-MEMPHIS AND TEMPLE? I also would like to know about Louisville because I applied there , too! Can you help me again? What didi they asked in Temple and other Universities for the interview? Did you write an essay for TEmpl whn you were there?
Tahnks alot for your help!!!!!!

I will do all I can to help. 1st off, I am a Vandy grad (Philosophy)who went back to school to take prereq's(MTSU). I have decided on attending U of L, but also really liked Temple. I used to work in the dental industry so I saw a lot of dental schools throughout the country. Picking one will come down to personal pref. Temple is real strong clinically and we almost went there because of this. Phili is a tough move if your married and like the South. U of L had the best of all possible worlds and also very strong academically. The temple interview was group format and you'll write a 1 page essay on a random topic. If you are getting interviews without the dat you'll probably get in to the schools if you interview well. Work hard on the dat. I felt the same way about giving them a good score and had the same anxiety about the frickin standardized test, but it will work out for you. take care and I'll check this occasionally for questions.