Disciplinary Actions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abefroman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, this is for bad boys and girls. I'm knew to this site so I apologize if someone already started this thread. On the AMCAS disciplinary actions section I decided to be honest and admit to being caught with a fake ID sophomore year. I'm now out of college for 1.5 years and I have really good grades and MCATs. I've already had interviews at some great schools and they have never asked me about this. I'm interested in hearing other people's experiences. Anyone have an interviewer ask them about it? If so, what school? Anyone get in anyway?

Members don't see this ad.

the sausage king of chicago!

Come one people. Are you telling me no one honestly answered the disciplinary action question on AMCAS?

Members don't see this ad :)
a quote from one of my interviewers: "medicine is a field in which you CAN and probably WILL make mistakes. knowing how to deal responsibly and honestly with mistakes is one of the most crucial skills for a physician to learn."

good for you for being honest. the drinking age in this country is ridiculous anyway. we all had fake ids. don't sweat it. i think it will be fine. they'll probably chalk it up to 'those crazy kids.'

Thanks Alice. That's kind of what I thought. I finally had an interviewer bring it up yesterday and he had the "crazy kids attitude" you mentioned. I've gone through periods of excessive worrying about this to periods of thinking it's not a big deal.

In the end I'm glad I was honest about it. The drinking age is absurd, but I can see how falsifying state documents is not an action one would want in a physician. But then again I was a 19 year old college student, not a physician, when I did it.

Because if at 18 you can drive, vote, fight in the military and die for your country, I don't think it should be a crime to drink a beer.