Discouraged by TPR but how should I feel?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

strugstofunc

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! Rather than write a whole lot, I inserted a picture of my practice exam excel sheet.

I'm trying to gauge if I should be worried about my constant low scoring on TPR. I'm not sure if I trust their shortened tests (even though I'm taking that version July 18th) because it seems inflated. My goal score is anything about a 510+ on the real deal, and I'm not sure if my performance on TPR will suffice.

With that, I bought some NS short tests and seem to be performing much lower than my highest AAMC test. I know I have to take the NS scores with a grain of salt because the scoring could be off, but I'm really racking my head. A lot of people have told me that NS scoring is relatively accurate to AAMC compared to other 3rd party companies.

I'm just not sure what to think really. If you guys have any input on what you'd be thinking with these scores, let me know!

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 5.18.43 PM.png

Members don't see this ad.

Since you’re only 16 days away from the MCAT, I would discourage you from using any third party materials and use exclusively the AAMC material to prime your brain into AAMC logic. Trust yout AAMC FL average and use past third party results to identify gaps in your content knowledge.

Reactions: 1 user
You should use the following materials:
-AAMC FL 3 and 4
- AAMC section bank timed
- AAMC CARS qpack 1 and 2
Time permitting: other qpacks

Cool. I've been working my way through the AAMC section bank and so far have a 75% Bio, 85% Chem, 70% Psych. I am planning on taking AAMC FL3 this sunday. and then AAMC FL4 the following sunday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't place too much stock in TPR tests - they are meant to scare you into buying their prep courses (so I've heard). I took a TPR FL after 1 month of studying and got a 491, two weeks later I got a 509 AAMC FL1, and another two weeks later I got a 512 on the real deal. Please please don't let TPR freak you out!!!

Ugh it's so hard not too! Thank you so much for your input! @betalactam ! I find it hard to find other TPR users so I love hearing about other people's experiences with them.