Dispensing physicians, Pharmacists out of job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quimicosoy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, there...
I am a P1 student in FL (oxycodone capital). I checked on the search function, and I read some previous threats but it is kind of old... So, I am a little concern with all the 500,000 :D pharmacy students being pumped out recklessly by pharmacy schools. Then, pharmacy schools opening up like new bank branches everywhere :smuggrin:. Then, the academic level of MANY students accepted to pharmacy, I mean common, grade inflation from institutions. Calculus is not the same at the Community college than in the University! They don't allow graphic calculators on exams! GET IT! :mad:. Plus, lower reimbursment, student loans,doom and gloom, automatation, and the world is going to an end THIS YEAR, yes is 2012! I saw a movie about it:D... bla bla...

Now, on top of that, it got me thinking about physician dispensing in their offices. It looks like pharmacy is R E A L L Y, going out of bussiness! what do you guys/girls/kids think?
Is medicine/dentristry/optometry...etc the only health professions without so much worries?
Let the games begin!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, there...
I am a P1 student in FL (oxycodone capital). I checked on the search function, and I read some previous threats but it is kind of old... So, I am a little concern with all the 500,000 :D pharmacy students being pumped out recklessly by pharmacy schools. Then, pharmacy schools opening up like new bank branches everywhere :smuggrin:. Then, the academic level of MANY students accepted to pharmacy, I mean common, grade inflation from institutions. Calculus is not the same at the Community college than in the University! They don't allow graphic calculators on exams! GET IT! :mad:. Plus, lower reimbursment, student loans,doom and gloom, automatation, and the world is going to an end THIS YEAR, yes is 2012! I saw a movie about it:D... bla bla...

Now, on top of that, it got me thinking about physician dispensing in their offices. It looks like pharmacy is R E A L L Y, going out of bussiness! what do you guys/girls/kids think?
Is medicine/dentristry/optometry...etc the only health professions without so much worries?
Let the games begin!

dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

Wow, this whole physician dispensing is news to me. I am sure they have not been able to dispense prescriptions for years. Another harrowing story. What's next ? Physicians and nurses doing MTM, yeah right!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, there...

Let the games begin!

Check out the optometry forum and let me know if there are no worries there..

Or the dds forums.. dentists are complaining about people not getting enough cavities :laugh:

Even nurses (in some states) are complaining..

Or the dds forums.. dentists are complaining about people not getting enough cavities :laugh:

after the ton of trick or treaters we had tonight, they can rest assured there will be plenty of cavities to fill. Most innovative costume was a robot costume the kid made himself out of a box, tin foil, and random pieces of metal glued on the sides in patterns as circuitry. Even his feet were robot like. Loved it! I saw a handful of goblins and lots of princesses. daddy batman with kid robin and jesus.... Among others.

after the ton of trick or treaters we had tonight, they can rest assured there will be plenty of cavities to fill. Most innovative costume was a robot costume the kid made himself out of a box, tin foil, and random pieces of metal glued on the sides in patterns as circuitry. Even his feet were robot like. Loved it! I saw a handful of goblins and lots of princesses. daddy batman with kid robin and jesus.... Among others.

Always liked creative costumes. Live in a college town so mostly saw college student costumes, not that I am complaining or anything :laugh:

commooon, really, I took the time out of halloween to write that down! I want an answer! :cool:...

Plus, lower reimbursment, student loans,doom and gloom, automatation, and the world is going to an end THIS YEAR, yes is 2012! I saw a movie about it:D... bla bla...

Automatation is definitely the biggest threat here.

Everyone complains. Just keep your head low and do your thing. Don't fall into the political trap because it will stress you out more than you want.

Everyone complains. Just keep your head low and do your thing. Don't fall into the political trap because it will stress you out more than you want.

Good advice, but is hard! :laugh:...

I used to hate Halloween. Back when I worked front register in a "fun" part of town, I had to hear the stupid motion activated monsters go off for hours on end. Then they had this boombox hidden in the promo aisle that played ridiculous Halloween music all night.

To top it all off, everyone waited until the 31st to get their candy. We got demolished every year. Then, when I got home I had to suffer through listening to all the adult Halloween parties going on around me. Drunk people falling down the stairs, etc.

I'm glad I get to hide in the pharmacy where I don't have to deal with it now. And everything is silent on my street during Halloween. No trick or treaters, no parties, no nothing. I spent Halloween playing Settlers of Catan and Euchre with my friends, and eating meatloaf, potatoes, corn, and cookies. It was the best Halloween ever.