Dissection tools....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MeCord3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A question to those who've come before me, any suggestions on a reliable source for dissection tools for gross anatomy?

Members don't see this ad.

A question to those who've come before me, any suggestions on a reliable source for dissection tools for gross anatomy?

My school provided ALL dissection tools. We only had to buy scalpel blades, gloves and lab coats. our bookstore was a good enough place for these items.

Members don't see this ad :)
The AMA came to us the other day and if you paid $100 to join for 4 years you get 4 years of the medical journal, a Stedman's Medical dictionary and a dissection kit.

Maybe see if they'll have a similar deal at your school?

The AMA came to us the other day and if you paid $100 to join for 4 years you get 4 years of the medical journal, a Stedman's Medical dictionary and a dissection kit.

Man, we get screwed at my school. We had the choice of the dictionary or the dissection kit. No twosies. :( I went for the dictionary, which I've never used ever.

We just got one or the other, but it only cost $36 for a 4 year membership.

Man, we get screwed at my school. We had the choice of the dictionary or the dissection kit. No twosies. :( I went for the dictionary, which I've never used ever.

We got 2/3 things there. It was the dictionary, the dissection kit, and a 512MB flash drive.

I guess it just depends where you are.

Apparently I'm getting a set as a perk with joining the AMA (the fee was 68 bucks for a four year membership... I'm not sure how much a dissection kit would cost if you went out and bought one, but I'm assuming this is a pretty good deal). You could look into doing that rather than just purchasing one. Otherwise I'm not much help! But I think the AMA supplied ones would be of pretty decent quality :)