Dissertation Study on Physician Assistant+Nurse Practitioner students' attitudes and expectations about gay male HIV-discordant couples ($50 raffle)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1081099

Happy New Year rising healthcare providers,

My name is Michael Whitbord. I am a 5th year doctoral student in the clinical psychology program at Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University, located in the Bronx, New York. Under the supervision of my research advisor, Dr. Shelly Goldklank, I am conducting research to understand the attitudes and expectations of medical students regarding certain subgroups of patient populations. We hope to explore whether there are any differences between pre-professionals who are currently enrolled in physician assistant and nurse practitioner programs on their endorsements of particular attitudes. These attitudes are specifically about gay male HIV-discordant couples. We define this couple as members of a primary romantic relationship between two gay men in which one partner is HIV-positive and the other is not. In addition, we also would like to examine any relationships between trainees’ years of professional training, demographic information, and the quality of trainees’ prior subjective experiences with members of gay male people living with HIV/AIDS and their HIV- serodiscordant, primary partners.

In order to meet the inclusion criteria for our study, participants must be 1) at least 18 years of age and 2) currently enrolled and matriculating (taking coursework and in good academic standing) in an accredited professional training program for either nurse practitioners or physician assistants 3) that is located within the United States.

Below is the link that will take you directly to the study:

https://yeshiva.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ehpEEDcuAiE1eqV

Please note that it is necessary that all items in the questionnaire are completed for responses to be recorded and usable for the data analyses. All responses are anonymous and no identifying information will be collected.

For taking part in this research, you will not be financially compensated. However, upon successful completion of the full survey, you will become eligible to enter a raffle to win one of four $50 Amazon gift cards. Four winners will be selected. To qualify for a chance to enter the raffle, participants will be required to complete the entire questionnaire. Please note that if a participant submits a survey that is incomplete, they will not be eligible to enter the raffle. Winners will be notified on or by March 31st, 2021.

If you have any questions or comments regarding this study, please feel free to contact the primary investigator, Michael Whitbord, at [email protected].

Thank you for your time. Please, also consider sharing this study with your classmates and peers.

Best health and wellness,

Michael Whitbord, M.A.
Yeshiva University,
Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Ferkauf_HCWPLWHA_Recruitment Flyer .pdf
    109.4 KB · Views: 94
Thank you for the very helpful suggestion, Dr. Emedpa! I had already posted to physicianassistantsforum.com but had not been aware of allnurses.com. I will see about posting there as well.

Very best,

Michael

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Welp;, this is pretty much bull****.

1) the raffle is a $25 prize.
and what really matters is that
2) I completed the questionnaire, very thoughtfully, when it's overly wordy and requires more time and though to complete accurately... only to get this message at the end when I went to submit my email address for the *$25* raffle
Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 12.50.36 PM.png

Hello yayitssunny,

I sincerely apologize for the typo on the final question (it should read as "$50 Amazon gift card), as well as for the technical issue with entering the raffle. I have revised the question to correctly indicate that the raffle is for a $50 Amazon gift card. Please check your private messages and I will manually enter you into the raffle pool.

Sincerely,

Michael Whitbord, Primary Investigator