Distance Learning/ Online MD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Confused Post Med

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
In what world could this exist for basic science years? Does this exist? Where? Any stories? Stories of what it's like to transition towards doing hospital rotations afterwards?

Members don't see this ad.

Never heard of this, but there would need to be extensive patient interaction. H&P is the basis of any good doctor and it needs to be practiced.

In what world could this exist for basic science years? Does this exist? Where? Any stories? Stories of what it's like to transition towards doing hospital rotations afterwards?
I'm not stalking you, I promise :) but: online preclinicals won't help you for the reasons I outlined in response to your question in another thread (by the way, you don't have to open multiple threads to ask closely related questions) about schools with flexible preclinical curriculum. Preclinicals are a small and in most cases the easiest part of medical training; it's what's after that's really important and also much harder. At this point apparently you can't even imagine the stress and emotional pressures of clinical training, so you'll just have to trust my word when I tell you that clinicals are much more likely than preclinicals to exacerbate mental health issues. If these issues affect you so much that you can't study, clinical rotations will make you fall apart.

So if you insist on trying to get (another shot at) medical training, the question should be not "how can I find an easier way to pass preclinical classes?" but "how do I get into a mental shape that will allow me to perform at a level expected of a medical student?"

(I apologize for being so blunt - believe it or not, I'm actually compassionate to people experiencing mental health issues - but sugarcoating the truth won't help you or your mental health.)

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not stalking you, I promise :) but: online preclinicals won't help you for the reasons I outlined in response to your question in another thread (by the way, you don't have to open multiple threads to ask closely related questions) about schools with flexible preclinical curriculum. Preclinicals are a small and in most cases the easiest part of medical training; it's what's after that's really important and also much harder. At this point apparently you can't even imagine the stress and emotional pressures of clinical training, so you'll just have to trust my word when I tell you that clinicals are much more likely than preclinicals to exacerbate mental health issues. If these issues affect you so much that you can't study, clinical rotations will make you fall apart.

So if you insist on trying to get (another shot at) medical training, the question should be not "how can I find an easier way to pass preclinical classes?" but "how do I get into a mental shape that will allow me to perform at a level expected of a medical student?"

(I apologize for being so blunt - believe it or not, I'm actually compassionate to people experiencing mental health issues - but sugarcoating the truth won't help you or your mental health.)

Point taken. Thank you for your thorough assessment