karizma098

Neon Tiger
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Hey guys. just for a bit of mid studying advice, i'm about done with my first run through of FA + goljan audio/path / BRS phys.

i recently got my hands on the kaplan videos for the step 1, and am looking to start the DIT videos on april 1st. i was thinking of using the kaplan videos to elaborate and explain a couple topics i'm weak on (namely biochem)

did any of you DIT'rs do this pre video? or is it better to stick to one teaching source?

just not sure if the kaplan vids will confuse me, or if it's better to have more exposure. any advice appreciated..thanks. :thumbup:

illixir

One
10+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm actually doing similar to what you're considering. Starting DIT in three to four weeks. Using kaplan to help me get a better look of pharm, micro, biochem and physio(qbank only for phys) before then since those I have been less well taught..

dr.kicia

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2003
where the heart is***
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
i used kaplan videos throughout class, especially physio and pharm are great...i just started DIT and i love it so far but if you have time for kaplan watch it...i wouldnt waste time for all of the videos though, i found only micro,pharm and physio helpful, other ones are too much in depth, biochem is completely overkill, like learning everything from the start, i wouldnt waste time on it, i can say the same about kaplan anatomy, way too much detail to go over it now when time is of essence...goljan path is gold standard i think, i used it while studying for my classes and i plan on going over it again soon... and for biochem i use RR which i like cause im more "cut to the chase" kind of person.

good luck:luck:

LongIslProdigy

10+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I've been watching a few the Kaplan vids throughout and I found the biochem one to pretty good. I watched it during biochem block so I don't really remember it as being overkill.....and I was a bch major too. David Seastone is the man!!! I wish I had him for undergrad or M1