DIT online worth it?doable in 6wks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usmletoo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
question : just wondering if buying DIT online is worth it if I only have 6 weeks? Has anyone done it ? how does it like? I also need time to do UW and FA- is it doable?
Thanks
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Yes Definitely.... I loved the program because it got me through First Aid and also added in some small tid bits. It does allow and encourage UW questions.

Yes. I don't know that I would spread it out over 6 weeks though...I would think one would start forgetting stuff. I crammed it into just over 2 weeks and had one week left to work on weak areas and memorize piddly stuff, all while doing at least 48 (random, timed) UW questions a day (usually 2 blocks a day, one in the morning and one at night). Doing timed, random questions, in my opinion, is just as important as anything else.

I did this and totally dominated my boards. (One small caveat though...for 2 weeks prior to starting DIT I sat through live Kaplan lectures which our school provides to us [also doing UW quesitons], and I worked hard and did very well my first 2 years of med school, so there was very little re-learning and more reviewing. But I still completely stand by DIT.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi
question : just wondering if buying DIT online is worth it if I only have 6 weeks? Has anyone done it ? how does it like? I also need time to do UW and FA- is it doable?
Thanks
:)

absolutely doable I did it concurrently with kaplan intenseprep classes in less than 6 weeks with usmle world. if i had to do it again I would have skipped certain sections of the kaplan course, and done DIT in the way he prescribed - three weeks to finish. all said i did way better than my goal and i credit it to DIT/usmleworld/kaplan biochem and pharm class. DIT was more useful than kaplan (if you have a solid base) and half the cost, i'm going to recommend it to anyone who asks.

Last edited:
I think if you've been through first aid once (like the program suggests) it is totally worth it. he goes quickly so you need to have a baseline knowledge. i couldn't have compressed it to two weeks. i went with his schedule exactly and it was fine (I didn't already have my own plan laid out). There were several questions I got right only because they were things he mentioned and beat into your head. I'd recommend it even if just to keep yourself on a schedule. I really wouldn't spread it out over much longer than 4 weeks. you can't keep all that info in your head for that long.