DIT worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tozanzibarbymotorcar

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all of you studying for boards and using DIT, what do you think of it? I should add that I am more of an auditory learner and could use structure.

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on what you're aiming for. The people I saw that had success with it needed it for basic understanding of disease processes. They were just trying to survive step 1. If you want to do well on step 1 programs like this will hold you back. At least thats what I've heard from people who used it.

Reactions: 1 users
Personally I thought it was extremely helpful in doing a large scale review of all the materials I had covered in previously in First Aid. I felt like going through things really stuck a lot better and likewise covered materials that I felt First Aid was weak on. I don't think I struggled for understanding basic disease processes, but I felt like there was a certain benefit in having someone break them down again and specifically in a way that would be more useful for when you're taking the exam.

I don't think I can entirely attribute my performance on the exam to DIT, but I think I would have likely been more average without it.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I used it in 2016 and was glad I did. I don’t know that it’s necessary, especially if you’re somebody with the capacity to be gunning for 260+, but if you’re shooting for average or struggling to pass, it’s helpful for the structure and the memory tools.

Reactions: 1 user
Can you share what DIT is? I'm always grateful to find out about new study resources.

Doctors in Training

It's been around for a while.

I used it in 2016 and was glad I did. I don’t know that it’s necessary, especially if you’re somebody with the capacity to be gunning for 260+, but if you’re shooting for average or struggling to pass, it’s helpful for the structure and the memory tools.

Pretty much agree. It's not the right resource for someone who is aiming for a 250. Someone who wanted that needed to have been studying all of second year for step 1 and probably was. For them they needed to be hammering away at Qbanks to get them from their baseline 240s.
But for someone like me who really started studying 2 months before dedicated and had a baseline more around the low 220s and needed a good way to keep everything straight after first aid it did the trick and it got my score I am very happy with.

Much rather prefer USMLE-RX videos. Short, sweet, and straight to the point.

Was able to get my hands on B&B videos and DIT videos from a buddy of mine without dropping dough and used some of them too but like any other source... they aren't PERFECT persay.

Look man... it don't matter how many of these videos you use and how you use them... just make sure you understand first aid cold.

Nothing will substitute for actually LOOKING at First Aid and seeing how things fit together.

Then do questions... and then do MORE questions... and then MORE questions.

Most students in my class who did it seem to wish they had more time to use other resources like Uworld. Its very time intensive.

Most students in my class who did it seem to wish they had more time to use other resources like Uworld. Its very time intensive.

This is my only draw back. 2 hours of videos is probably more likely to end up being 6 hours of your day. Not a problem for people who are going to otherwise spend 14-15 hours of awake time studying, but for those who are going to cap out at 10, possibly.

Is it possible to do Uworld a few times and DIT?

Anything is possible.

There's 24 hours a day and you only NEED 6-7 hours of sleep a day.

Take out another 3-4 hours for eating, working out, etc.

You have ATLEAST 14-15 hours (give or take) to do what you need to do.

First pass of anything will take the longest. DON'T UNDERESTIMATE HOW LONG FIRST PASS WILL TAKE.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been considering DIT as well. My only issue is the amount of time it takes up. We got a free trial at our school and, while the videos are really helpful, I'm not sure what DIT is offering that I can't get with Boards and beyond, FA, and Pathoma. If anyone has any insight on that I'd greatly appreciate it.

I am currently using B&B and it's been amazing. A few of my friends are using DIT and they aren't all that impressed. Plus the price differential is insane, I personally would recommend B&B

I did it and I think it helped. But with the time and money spent, I feel like I would have done better just finishing UWorld. All I used for Level 2 was COMBANK/UWorld

Disagree- did UWorld 2x and DIT 1x. Admittedly my first UWorld pass was slow over several months and close to done before I started DIT videos.
2x with the first before DIT is not "several times with DIT"

Is there anyone out there who has used DIT and scored high? Also I assume ppl who use DIT do not use Pathoma?

Don't waste your money on DIT (It's like at least 700 bucks). Many students are using only UWorld now (doing it 1.5x (incorrects) or 2x or even 2.5x) and doing well. If you really need supplementary videos Onlinemeded is making new content for step 1 and releasing FREE VIDEOS. If those aren't out by the time you're taking level 1/step1, then right now the popular review course is boards and beyond (like 200 bucks). To be honest, doing as many questions as possible will yield higher board score results as that is active learning versus passively watching videos. Best of luck.

DIT is definitely not worth the money. However, if you get it for free it could be useful. I used it as a structuring tool so I could set a good schedule. I would watch videos and do related pathoma notes in the morning, grab a lunch, and then do timed UWorld in the afternoon. Rinse and repeat. Worked fine for me, I did kind of shi**y on the USMLE but knocked COMLEX out of the park

Hi there!
I'm an IMG and I was wondering which resource (along with FA, UWorld and Pathoma) would be good to learn all the other subjects?

USMLERx, Doctors in Training or Boards and Beyond? If you could add your first-hand experience and why, that would be very much appreciated! :)