Diversity Prompt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which essay topic is best?

• 1) Culture

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • 2) HIV

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • 3) Perserverance

• 4) Helping others eagerly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NONE OF THE ABOVE - rethink this question and come back again.

• Total voters
D

deleted969405

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Culture (ORM):

2) As an EMT, I was exposed to HIV.

3) failed the training and got laid off → learned from failure →

4) Very eager to help out:

The survey isn't of much value to others who come after you unless they have some context for 1, 2, 3, 4.

I'd say for diversity, culture including language and experience of living long-term in another country and as an immigrant does contribute to the diversity of the class.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
when I said I was "from this country", I meant that that country was my nationality, I was not born there. My parents were born there and immigrated to the US where I was born and raised. Does this change your feedback choice?
No. You still identified with that culture. You perceived yourself negatively because of it and thought others did, too. You learned to rise above that perception, became proud of that culture, and shared it with others.

You could use this with an adversity prompt or a challenge prompt.

Reactions: 2 users
When you said "do not quote", if you later deleted post #1, no one would have a context for our responses. That's why I quoted your message and left just the basics of each option.

If you are in the first generation of your family to be born in the US, then that's something you could work with for diversity.

Reactions: 3 users