DIY post bacc options in Los Angeles/Inland Empire area?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

divinehyper

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, long time lurker here! I am graduating from UCLA in a few weeks with a pretty sad sGPA (3.0), and I want to do a DIY post bacc to help boost my gpa! Does anybody have any experience doing a DIY post-bacc in the Los Angeles or Inland Empire area in California? I was looking at UCLA extension's course catalog and they barely have any science/math undergrad upper division courses available. What universities should I be looking at? Would taking classes at community colleges be looked down upon?

Thank you so much for the help!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

What universities should I be looking at? Would taking classes at community colleges be looked down upon?
You're trying to prove that you can handle and do well with a tough course load. Going to a CC wouldn't do this and most CCs won't have a large selection of upper division sciences.

I was looking at UCLA extension's course catalog and they barely have any science/math undergrad upper division courses available.
Its going to be like that for all of the UCs. You're attempting to enroll as a non-degree seeking or "limited" student. No UC is taking limited applicants for this year.

You can try USC but I'd advise against this as they charge $1800 per unit. A 30 unit PB will run you ~$54k.

CSU-LA is your best bet through their open university program. They charge a reasonable $320 per unit, so ~10k for a 30 unit PB.

You're trying to prove that you can handle and do well with a tough course load. Going to a CC wouldn't do this and most CCs won't have a large selection of upper division sciences.

Its going to be like that for all of the UCs. You're attempting to enroll as a non-degree seeking or "limited" student. No UC is taking limited applicants for this year.

You can try USC but I'd advise against this as they charge $1800 per unit. A 30 unit PB will run you ~$54k.

CSU-LA is your best bet through their open university program. They charge a reasonable $320 per unit, so ~10k for a 30 unit PB.

Thank you!!