DIY POSTBACC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KBlack626

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m doing a DIY postbacc at UCLA extension but several of the Upper division science classes are online. Will this be a problem if the adcoms ask about these classes? ** These online classes are not the required courses, I completed all required courses in person**

I am also taking lower division science courses at a CC due to there not being that many extension courses and it’s also way cheaper. Will these hold much weight for adcoms?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Can’t answer the first part about the online classes but I did a year of postbacc classes entirely at a CC and it seems to have worked out alright so far

Reactions: 1 user
Can’t answer the first part about the online classes but I did a year of postbacc classes entirely at a CC and it seems to have worked out alright so far

Which classes did you take? I took most of the bio,chem they offer

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m doing a DIY postbacc at UCLA extension but several of the Upper division science classes are online. Will this be a problem if the adcoms ask about these classes?

I am also taking lower division science courses at a CC due to there not being that many extension courses and it’s also way cheaper. Will these hold much weight for adcoms?

Thank you

Some schools do not accept online coursework, make sure to check the MSAR for your target schools.