1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

DMD/PhD interest

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by 2touth02, Nov 22, 2001.

1. 2touth02

2touth02 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi,
    I just wonder if enybody has ever thought of a combined degree DMD/Phd or DDS/PhD?
    How difficult is it to get in?
    thanks
    A :D

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ricegirl

ricegirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

What are you interested in getting a PhD in? Justr from the admissions requirement book, I noticed that there were schools that offered PhDs in Oral Biology. I think there is a lot of funding available to do dental research, and have you noticed how dental schools always stress research?

I *think* UCSF is trying to get a program started for a PhD in bioengineering as well. Just from my (uneducated) opinion, I think schools with a large medical center or a large university near by may let to cross-register to do your research at another institution (if you are looking at bioe). I know that this happens with a medical school near my university, so I don't think it's a big leap for dental schools to start accomidating interested students as well.

I haven't really looked very much into this, but maybe some others have.

4. 2touth02

2touth02 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I think that a DMD/PhD is one of the best programs that you could go for! It is very time consuming but with good research background and publications in dental papers, I think that would be an excellent career in dentistry.
    A