DMD/PhD interest

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by 2touth02, Nov 22, 2001.

1. 2touth02

2touth02 Junior Member

Hi,
    I just wonder if enybody has ever thought of a combined degree DMD/Phd or DDS/PhD?
    How difficult is it to get in?
    thanks
    A :D

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ricegirl

ricegirl Senior Member

What are you interested in getting a PhD in? Justr from the admissions requirement book, I noticed that there were schools that offered PhDs in Oral Biology. I think there is a lot of funding available to do dental research, and have you noticed how dental schools always stress research?

I *think* UCSF is trying to get a program started for a PhD in bioengineering as well. Just from my (uneducated) opinion, I think schools with a large medical center or a large university near by may let to cross-register to do your research at another institution (if you are looking at bioe). I know that this happens with a medical school near my university, so I don't think it's a big leap for dental schools to start accomidating interested students as well.

I haven't really looked very much into this, but maybe some others have.

4. 2touth02

2touth02 Junior Member

I think that a DMD/PhD is one of the best programs that you could go for! It is very time consuming but with good research background and publications in dental papers, I think that would be an excellent career in dentistry.
    A