DMU 2004

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Would like to get an idea of how many future DMU med students post on this board. Also what do you think of Des Moines, the school, and in what part of Des Moines do you plan to live?
Good Luck

Mike

------------------
Indiana Mike
Des Moines University - College of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery
Class of 2004

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Mike-

Congrats on your acceptance & welcome to the DMU community. I'm a 1st year at DMU and while you're anxiously awaiting the start of your 1st year, I'm counting the days until mine ends! It's been a long hard year, but I'd do it again in a second. Enjoy your time off until August - don't make the mistake of trying to get ahead by studying. Trust me, there will be plenty of time for that and you'll only regret not enjoying yourself! People said that to me last year and now I KNOW they were right. I assume you're from Indiana, so Des Moines won't be a culture shock. I'm from the east coast, but I've been pleasantly surprised with the Des Moines community. Many students choose to live in the apartments right near the campus. I live about 15 min from the school and I kinda like "getting away" when classes are out. You really can't go wrong, as the housing is pretty cheap and Des Moines is a safe place. Well, I need to get back to pathology...Once again, congrats & good luck to you!

Stef

Hey there Mike,

I THINK and I have conversed over this board a few times. It is so hard to keep track without a face to go with the name. But I cant wait for school to start! However, I am SUPER nervous as well. I read what Steff wrote and a lot of other people have told me the same thing about having fun during the summer. In fact I am going to be spending 7 days in Africa in July as kind of a vacation.
It is part of a package deal run through my school and The Medical Ministry of Ghana. There are open spots left and if anyone would like to go, let me know. It is a seven day trip and you get to go to a medical conference for two of those days.

Anyway, take care and talk to you soon

Stasch

------------------
DMU
Class of 2004