Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

DMU Alternate list Ranking

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Hoebo54, May 30, 2008.

1. Hoebo54

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I've just received a letter for the alternate list ranking and its quite vague on exactly where I stand. The admissions committee says there's 147 students on the waitlist and I'm in the upper half. Does this mean I'm in the second quartile? How many quartiles are there? Has there been lot of movement in years past?

"The Admission Committee and the Dean of the College of Osteopathic Medicine have completed file review of the candidates currently placed on our alternate list for admission to the incoming Class of 2012. The ranking is based on a thorough review of your application materials and interview. According to our review, Boyi, you have been placed in the upper half."

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. stmclovin

2+ Year Member

mine said it is second quartile.

4. BCLumas

BCLumas Member
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I think "quartile" infers that there are 4 parts. If you're in the second quartile, I would guess you're somewhere between number 37 and 63.

5. leopatra

Pre-Medical
    Mine said I am on the top quartile. There are four quartiles, with around 37 students in each quartile. BUt i heard that someone got of the waitlist from the second quartile last year.

Good luck.

6. Boner

Boner I just blue myself
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I posted this in another thread, but this seems like a more appropriate place:
    I've heard from a reputable source at school that as of May 22ish, the class was still overfilled by about 30 kids. This source doesn't expect much movement this year and is actually quite worried about the amount of students who have committed to DMU. Kind of vague, I know, but this is the info I've heard.

7. IDBasco

IDBasco Atypical agent
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Wow, I wonder if that is why we ('12 people) got a couple of emails about deferrals like a month or so ago. What do they do if they are over at say 8/1? Do they offer a big discount to defer? I may consider it if it was big enough. :D

8. zmeister22

2+ Year Member

Medical Student

To make it feasable, the discount would have to make it at least half price for 4 years or two free. One year deferment means one less year of attending physician salary (at least $125,000 up to several times that).