DMU Class of 2004!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JS-UNMC

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like all the cool kids are starting these kind of threads and I want us to be cool too! .... Too cheasy??! Come on in and chat a while...
Josh Smith

Members don't see this ad.

Yo ho ho, and a bottle of NyQuil! I'll bump this thread up, even though I'm in the class of '05! What's the deal, people! I'll be there this weekend to check out the apartment scene, all who haven't contacted me already, please do so! I would love to meet you guys!

I hear DMU is where all the rockstars go. See you in the fall. 2005 here, too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I was certainly expecting some more class participation on this thread.... Am I missing a test right now or something?? Well, thank god phys is done... now just pharmacology.... Thank you God! Still hoping to get some more visitors here
---jsdmu

Only 4 more weeks!!!! Buhbye physiology! Hello Pharm.....

I started a trend like this with DMU class 2005 when my screen name was jpdmu (which I had problems with my password and stuff when they took down the forum for the longest of time).... that didn't work. Anyway.... after much drive from California I'm in Des Moines!!! Yee haw!!! See you all this coming Fall.... And for ryanpj and jsdmu, you'll be hearing from me soon enough....

Iowa drivers SUCK!!! Did these people ever take drivers ed.??? Sorry, I needed to vent... feel better now... or at least until I go out driving again!

Ditto on the drivers.... damn dude, some car just almost ran over a pedestrian and a biker because the driver was reaching for the radio.... dork, who ever he is....

I know there are Class of 2004 out there.... come and visit Class of 2005 and impart any of your wisdom please....

Bumpin' up!!!

Hey there Josh! I will join your little thread! hee hee

I also wanted to comment on the Iowa drivers. Do you even think they realize what a blinker is for? hee hee Can't wait for out summer break!

beth :eek:

Hello all! just bumpin up here. Well, the good news is out... Mercy now has affiliation with DMU. This is a great step for DMU as it is a large hospital with one of the busiest cardiac units in Iowa as well as many great physicians and other departments that are very good. Looking forward to spending some quality time there.
Much love to my DMU hommies hanging in the Iowa ghetto... joke.

THIS IS DEFINITELY GREAT NEWS!!! Thanks for making that announcement.... DMU ROCKS!!!

WoooHooo! I'm geeked! GO DMU! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!

Just two weeks left!!!!! I need some R+R!
--Josh

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought you 2004 class were done already!!!

Was that the commencement in front of the Academic building? Didn't watch it, but I saw a lot of things there when I worked out this mornin'...

According to our schedule (Class of 2005) our classes end around May 24 or somethin' like that....

Anyway, glad you guys/gals are almost done....

Can anyone partake suggestions of places to eat at around Des Moines?

Chinese?
Steak?
Ribs?
Italian?
Mexican?
etc?

Later :cool: Bumperionos!!!

Just bumping myself up here! I know that there is a chinese place (Taste of China)that delivers to the area... good snow pea beef. Cusi Cosina (sp?) is a good italian place. Pizza = Big Tomato. There is a Thai place out west that I still want to check out.

Hello nation of Islam! I am very interested in buying second year notes from you as long as: they are very complete, very organized, and of course necessary! Were you the past IM club pres? Just curious.
Josh Smith
E-mail me at [email protected]
I know last year they were selling for about $200. Depends on how complete they are.

Hey - Save those notes for me! I'll need them in a few!

Heck ya... save those notes and pass it on to class of 2005!!! ME!!!

Josh, do you have "hyperorganized" notes from your first year?....

Later peeps!!!

Did any first year students (Class of 2004) attend the Dam to Dam event? Can the first years do OMM on others yet... the general public and with a big event such as the Dam to Dam?

I just noticed in the news tonight that DMU was an active participant in doing OMM on runners after and before the run....

Thanks Izlam... I'm definately game for all of it. Just give me a ring when you get it all together and slap a price on it. How much are the faculty changes going to affect all of this.. ie: Dr Martin and Flemming leaving? On a side note, do you know of any GOOD DO ID residencies? And also, have you ever heard of a "Clinical Pharmacology" residency or fellowship... this pharmacist loves both ID and pharmacolgy!!

JP, I just spoke to one of my classmates who was treating at the race, she had a great time. I don't think they allow us to start doing those things until about half way through second semester... could be wrong though.

Much Love, Josh Smith

DAMN!!! I guess I can't do DAM to DAM next year... Oh well...

As a first year you CAN treat at the Dam to Dam race and other events. They typically open it up to the second year students first and then whatever doesn't fill, the first years can do.

Any classmates out there know if there is a radiology packet at the bookstore?

We need to consolidate - let's do a couple of things so the DMU '05 thread can beat the COMP thread....

1 - Continue this thread in the '05 thread. That way we're not wasting posts.

1 - Start a flame war. Nothing adds pages like a flame war. Po - go post something controversial that causes problems and therefore precious posts. I'll supply the topics:

DO's suck.
MD's suck.
How much money do we make?
This school sucks.
Dog labs? Let's start a Cat lab!

And anything that starts with the sentence: "I read this article in the paper the other day...."

There - we'll beat COMP in no time! :D :D :D