DMU class of 2016 match!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbos

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the match results for DMU class of 2016? I searched and searched and couldn't find it.

I'm trying to decide between either attending DMU or tuoro NY midtown.

The match list would make my decision a lot easier.

MUCH THANKS!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think comparing match lists should be a top deciding factor for which school to attend. I would weigh things like cost, location, fit/feel, curriculum before comparing match lists.

Match lists reflect more on individuals than school for most cases. I know DMU is a great school with a solid match list every year and unless NY midtown has an atrocious match list all the way through I don't think it would do much to compare them. ( I don't know much about NY midtown tho)

Also you could probably go on DMUs website and look at the past couple of years match lists. That would give you a pretty good idea too.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
it should be posted on their website shortly. I am not planning on sharing the list as DMU will make it public when they want it to be made public, but if you are in a hurry and there is something specific you are hoping to glean from the list, I may be able to provide some information.

it should be posted on their website shortly. I am not planning on sharing the list as DMU will make it public when they want it to be made public, but if you are in a hurry and there is something specific you are hoping to glean from the list, I may be able to provide some information.

If you can answer these questions, I would appreciate it.

what is the % that matched community programs vs academic

% of primary care vs specialties

and were there students that matched in the northeast region.

Would have to wait a couple of years for that, but, of course, that info isn't released by any medical school so it's impossible to answer that question (i.e. plenty of people who go into peds/IM end up pursuing subspecialty fields).

Oh.....uh.......yeah I am not about to do that much work to answer your question. You can wait for it to be posted.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone match gen surg at mercy? Ortho at Des Peres?

Really all I care about

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Really all I care about

No to both. I think the people I know who had a good chance at mercy chose to go elsewhere, but they have really shifted full MD so it is a tough match. And a friend of mine who matched ortho was rotating at Des Peres when they announced they wouldn't be continuing their residency. So they didn't take residents this year.

Really all I care about

Des Peres didn't take anyone this year for their surgical programs (ortho, ent, gen surg) because as of now, the plan is that all the programs at Des Peres will be phased out in 2020.

Des Peres didn't take anyone this year for their surgical programs (ortho, ent, gen surg) because as of now, the plan is that all the programs at Des Peres will be phased out in 2020.
That sucks. Looks like that was a good connection for DMU in the past for surgery.

Edit: sucks personally cuz I'm from STL.

Last edited:
You mean closing because they aren't going through the merger?

Exactly the reason.
Is it just their surgical programs or IM/FM as well? I'm just curious because I've heard the name 'Des Peres' before despite having no connections to that region of the country, so I had assumed they were one of the more well-established DO programs, the kind that can survive the merger.

Is it just their surgical programs or IM/FM as well? I'm just curious because I've heard the name 'Des Peres' before despite having no connections to that region of the country, so I had assumed they were one of the more well-established DO programs, the kind that can survive the merger.
All 6 programs will graduate their last class of residents in 2020. So class of 2017 can still apply to their family med and IM programs.

All 6 programs will graduate their last class of residents in 2020. So class of 2017 can still apply to their family med and IM programs.
Well, It sucks to lose programs. But I imagine they're closing for a reason. I just looked up the hospital. Not that big. I kind of wonder how try had enough volume for all those programs in the first place.