1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

DMU Clinicals - Any Site?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by UNOStudent01, May 3, 2004.

1. UNOStudent01

UNOStudent01 mmm..College
    5+ Year Member

I am strongly considering attending DMU but still have a few questions re: clinicals that I haven't been able to get an adequate grasp on - it all seems to be a little hazy to me. Is it possible to do rotations at ANY site, so long as it's "ok'd"? I'm from nebraska and it would be nice to do some at my hometown - is that a possibility?

I appreciate all your help

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ripulpancal2000

ripulpancal2000 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Before you decide to attend DMU, please be aware that one of the most prominent, famous, most admired professors that everyone knows and loves is dating one my classmates. I don't feel this is right? My liberal undergrad institution forbidd any professor and student from doing so. I don't want to name names out of fear of embarrassment of that professor and student. Clinical affairs is in shambles. Yes it is true you can go wherever you want, but there are many many problems with clinical affairs.

4. Neuronix

Neuronix Total nerd
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Woah. No identifying information or even information that would identify people personally on here. Very bad. Those postings have been deleted.

5. DMAKSIMOVIC

DMAKSIMOVIC baby gouda
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Maybe some 3rd or 4th year DMU people can chime in. You basically have free reign on electives. You have to do a certain amount of time at one of the core clinics and hospitals. Also, a certain percentage of all of your rotations have to be done in relation to osteopathy...meaning the doctor is a DO, it is an osteopathic hospital, the department chair is a DO, etc. We just got the nuts and bolts as 1st years so I'm not too familiar with it yet.