DMU Clinicals - Any Site?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UNOStudent01

mmm..College
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am strongly considering attending DMU but still have a few questions re: clinicals that I haven't been able to get an adequate grasp on - it all seems to be a little hazy to me. Is it possible to do rotations at ANY site, so long as it's "ok'd"? I'm from nebraska and it would be nice to do some at my hometown - is that a possibility?

I appreciate all your help

Members don't see this ad.

Before you decide to attend DMU, please be aware that one of the most prominent, famous, most admired professors that everyone knows and loves is dating one my classmates. I don't feel this is right? My liberal undergrad institution forbidd any professor and student from doing so. I don't want to name names out of fear of embarrassment of that professor and student. Clinical affairs is in shambles. Yes it is true you can go wherever you want, but there are many many problems with clinical affairs.

Maybe some 3rd or 4th year DMU people can chime in. You basically have free reign on electives. You have to do a certain amount of time at one of the core clinics and hospitals. Also, a certain percentage of all of your rotations have to be done in relation to osteopathy...meaning the doctor is a DO, it is an osteopathic hospital, the department chair is a DO, etc. We just got the nuts and bolts as 1st years so I'm not too familiar with it yet.