DMU Garage space?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kidterrific

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity....Grand Avenue apartments have a heated underground garage. Is there anyone that will be staying there WITHOUT a car? If so, do you think that I could park my car in your spot if I end up in a nearby apartment complex?

Yeah, I know it's a messed up question. But it costs mad extra to get a place with a garage, and I will pay it if I have to (but would prefer not to).

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry KidT,.... though I'm still not sure whether or not I will be keeping the car when I'm in DMU, I don't believe my apartment complex has an underground garage. I believe we have to pay a little bit extra to get a garage that is heated.

I'm thinking about the exact same thing, so your questions not messed up, you know how those med school cost start sky rocketting....

Anyway, you should bring this up once we start meeting with other students there. If I do get to meet you there (I'm sure your real name is not KidT), I'll keep your question in mind and get you hooked up if I know other students.... if it happens that I don't get a chance to keep my car up there during certain times of the winter, then I'll be more than happy to loan my garage space.... Later! Good luck!

If anyone else is reading this, HOOK IT UP for KidT.... Or at least any ideas on how to go about finding such a request.

Hey KidT... its me again. I live at 3000 Grand but I park outside b/c an outdoor covered parking spot is an extra $40/month and the underground heated parking is an extra $70-75 a month. So it isn't free even to the residents.

Members don't see this ad :)
Kid, I have a nice landfill parking space for you. :)

Dooh!

That sucks. I guess they pimp us for every penny our vulnerable selves have.

In all seriousness, we should put our studentdoctor names on our nametags under our real names at orientation. That would be a blast. I can see us running around checking each other out... :rolleyes:

I'll make it easy for you all to find me. Just so you know who KidTerrific is, I'm the one on the right, and that's my car behind me. And I'm absolutely kidding, so DON'T think that's me!!! But you gotta admit, these thugs are serious dudes.

cj_4430.jpg

Ryanpj - don't mess with me. You see the crew? We'll get you! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
:D

Originally posted by kidterrific:
•Dooh!

I'll make it easy for you all to find me. Just so you know who KidTerrific is, I'm the one on the right,

cj_4430.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
:D

Oh crap, they let Eminem in to DMU?

Please. Most people from Detroit hate Eminem. That, or they are sick of him.

About the picture. No, that's NOT me. Every time I see it, though, it makes me laugh my azz off. These guys have been floating around NUMEROUS forums, and some guy even managed to capture them in all their glory. Check out the website and see:

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE WEBSITE THAT SOMEONE PUT UP IN THEIR HONOR.

The page that these kids first put up had to be taken down because so many people were making fun of them, but the photos live on.

I just noticed that www.collegehumor.com picked up the photos, too. Check that out - it's hilarious. Complete with a forum!

I don't know KidT... I guess I always pictured you as one of the ICP gang covered in faygo!
Much Love to my hommies in the hood. Keepin' it real and balling in Des Moines,
Thug Daddy J

I guess you can take the KidTerrific out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the KidTerrific.

Des Moines will recognize my presence when I bring my 'bling bling' down in another week or two to shop for an apartment and check out some places. Free Faygo for anyone who wants to meet up.