DMU Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcb16

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview on May 4th and would like any tips or comments?

Anyone know how many open spots are left?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

www.interviewfeedback.com

Dr. Bates (admissions and financial aid director) is very funny and has some great advice. This school does a fabulous job of selling their program- you can get a good impression of what going to school there would be like- even before your scheduled interview time.

The interview was very layed back and relaxed. I didn't get any ethical questions at all, and I got the impression that there objective is to get to know you rather than
harass (sp?) you. Know your credentials, and enjoy your trip. I liked the school and area a lot when I was there in January. They were really quick to return their decision. Good Luck, and if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought the interview was relaxed as well. They want to get to know you. Relax, be yourself, you will do fine.

Not sure about how many spots left. Call and ask? or email them... they have responded to emails quickly for me.(although getting through on the phone can be a problem)

I interviewed at DMU 1 month ago and they were 1/2 filled. Dr. Bates answered that question during his intro time (if you ask....they will give you an honest answer). All the students we met said that if we were there for the interview....to relax and that we had a really good chance. I guess it was true because I was accepted. It is really nice that they will give you an answer within about a week! It was a great interview. I also had no ethical questions. Just info about who you are, why you want to go to DO school, how I would feel about living in Des Moines, items related to my experiences mentioned in my personal statement.....etc. Good luck!