DMU Supplemental application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

realruby2000

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an email from dmu and i got a link to a supplemental application....i looked over it and it didnt ask any of the questions that others were saying the secondary would ask...is this a secondary? or is it literally "a supplemental app"?

Members don't see this ad.

realruby..i got this too! mine also has no questions like popoy posted, but it does ask for the supplemental fee (of course) and the letters of recommendation! i am so confused! :confused:

The questions I posted was those of last years.... there is a chance they've decided to change it this year.... thus the difference.... I have personally not seen this year's supplemental app.... The questions I got last year was actually in the back of the one page (back and front) supplement from last year.

So they may have changed it.... I'll find out what I can here at DMU and see what this year's supplemental app looks like.... that's if my schedule permits... ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
U know that question about a letter from someone in a medical field or somthing.... well i shadowed a DO....and he wrote me a letter...but i dont know if or how much he talked about my "interpersonal" skills.... im kinda confused on what they exactly want...

plus...

is it "not smart" to send them more letters then they asked for? i would think yes but i would want to send some letters taht i know are good even though they have a max req of how many letters they want to accept...

The Letter of Recommendation part I got from last year stated:

"Letter of Recommendation. Letters must come directly to our office. Use the address listed below. Indicate the type of letters we should expect from you:
Pre Profesional/Health Science committee letter or packet
Medical experience letter will be included
Will sent separately
OR
Separate letters from two science professors.
Separate letter medical experience letter."

You would then check which one they expect from you....

If you have access to a committee file, then do so.... In my committee file I had, I think, 12 letters of rec, so it was much more than what they've asked for, but it did include that all important committee letter.

My best advice is to get a hold of Barbara Fox or Becky Grissom. They are very helpful. If they're not there, just leave a message and they will get back to you.

Good luck to you....

I got the same thing a few weeks about with them... and the online app is the secondary... I called and specifically asked them.. and they said "yepper"... so away it went... (C:

-A

does this mean we made the first cut or does everone get a secondary

prettty much anyone with a 2.7 gpa or above gets a secondary...so its not really much of a cut

realruby is right.... the "cut" for the secondary doesn't seem to be much of a cut, BUT your response to that will make or break your chances for an interview. If you get invited for an interview at DMU.... that's when you know it's lookin' good.... Good luck to all :D