1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

DMU Surgical Skills Lab

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by pkid, Dec 13, 2005.

1. pkid

pkid New Member

Non-Student
    Can any current/former students comment on their experience in the surgical skills lab at DMU? Did you find it especially beneficial before starting your surgery rotations? Can anyone from other schools comment on experiences that you might have gained at your particular school which helped prepare you for surgery rotations? (if this is even possible :) ) Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DO_Surgeon

DO_Surgeon Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

As a DMU grad and one of the surgery residents at mercy that help run the lab, I think the lab is a great experience. Granted I cannot comment on any other schools, but the lab at DMU gives great experience at scrubbing, sterile technique, suturing skills, etc. Nothing would make you look more like a dumba$$ on your first day of rotations in front of your attending if you didnt know how to scrub or if you contaminated everything in the OR right before a case. Let me know if there is anything specific you want to know