DMU/UHS secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Atlas

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind, what types of questions are asked on them? Don't worry, I'm not applying this year. I'm just curious what types of questions they ask on their secondaries! Thanks and best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

I've got to run to class right now... but I'll post up after I get back ;)

WoW! I'm beating Popoy on this one :eek: :eek:

Des Moines University Osteopathic Medical Center
*Please complete the prerequisite grid below (i.e Bio, Inorganic Chem, Organic Chem, Physics, Engsh/Speech)
*Briefly list your medically relatd experience. This ca be paid emplyment, volunter work or both. List current experiences fst. Describe your medical experience in you personal statement.
*For candidates who are reapplying, check ne of the boxes below....
*The admissions committeee requires a statement of no more thanwo pages describing your interest in training as an Osteopathic physcian. Attach to this appication. A separate emplyment or extracurricular record is not required. Donot send research aticles (you my refer topublictions in our statement): do not snd transcripts or other documents nless requested by us.

The University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine
*Has your education to de been continuous other than vacations? If not, or if not in college, indicate what you have done while out of school or since graduation.
*In what extracurricular, community/volunteer, or vocational activities did you participate while in college.
*What honors did ou receive while in college or after completion of college?
*Have you been employed during the regular school year while in college or grad school?
*USA Military Service
.... Much more needed info on who's your premed advisor, name of science instructor, if treated by osteopathic physician, where you grew up, primary source of learning about the college, etc.
*List any other information you believe is pertinent to your application such as, but not limited to,motivation for applying to UHSCOM, qualities you have to offer, uniqueness, life experience, etc. (ONE PAGE)

As a scientist, I must cite my sources... these are actually cut and paste's from one of Popoy's post... he is the guru!

-A

Thank you so much for your generosity! I really appreciate your feedback. Sincerely,

Atlas