DMU Wait list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gotrob

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Before you decide to attend DMU, Please read my posting of Best DO schools. DMU had the second lowest COMLEX Part I pass rate at 80%.

Originally posted by Gotrob
hello,

Someone I know was just put on the wait list at DMU, I was just wondering if anyone has any idea how the DMU wait list works...ex: how many students make the list or how many get accepted from the list every year....better yet, any good stories from people who have made it in off of the list?

Thanks
Rob

Varies from year to year...for the class of 2006 they only took 4 people off the wait list. For my class dont know the numbers but took more (probally due to the construction).

Members don't see this ad :)
DMU acceptances tend to accept so the wait list number isn't huge.

Before you decide to attend DMU, Please read my posting of Best DO schools. DMU had the second lowest COMLEX Part I pass rate at 80%.

I would suggest that ripulpancal2000 look into things before making claims. Those numbers were most likely from the DO-05 class. The number was higher than 80% (somewhere around 88%) and it was actually the lowest pass rate in memory at DMU. It was a statistical abberation. I would like to say it was just an underperforming class, but it may have to do with the fact that DMU was changing the curriculum and several of the professors that year as well. On the other hand I knew many of that class and they did like to party, but I don't know if it is more so that other classes (more than ours though). DMU usually scores in the midlle of the pack or higher on the COMLEX. They also score the highest on the OMM portion nearly every year (If you are really into OMM).

DMU Fall 2002 Admissions Statistics:

Applied Interviewed Accepted Enrolled
Total: 2,072 578 548 205

Not even half of those accepted enroll, as it is at most private D.O.
schools.

Those numbers don't seem right. Where did you get your data? I interview applicants and I know I don't except at that rate...

Those numbers were provided to US News & World Report by DMU.

"texdrake
Those numbers don't seem right. Where did you get your data? I interview applicants and I know I don't except at that rate... "

I believe interviewers decisions are only one part of final decision. Admissions committee makes final decisions.

By the way, I interveiwed there last week and hope to here back soon!

Hmm.....numbers don't seem right at all. Especially when I went to the US NEWS and World Report site and they show DMU as not responding...maybe its differnet in print though.

One usually hears from DMU in about 3 weeks cmudan. And you are right their is a committee, but I can tell you that most interveiw groups tend to agree on candidates and if they don't like a candidate the chances of them getting accepted aren't very high at all. That being said I don't have many interviews where I don't like a candidate, but it does happen.

If you have a USNEWS subscription and can log-in, these are some of the #s that are available:

Des Moines University Osteopathic Medical Center
Fall 2002 Admissions Statistics

Applied Interviewed Accepted Enrolled
Total: 2,072 578 548 205
In state: 122 80 74 50
Out of state: 1,950 498 474 155
Women: 912 257 220 89
Minorities: 642 144 118 26
International: 24 8 8 2

Acceptance rate: 26.4%
Average undergraduate GPA: 3.5

Best of luck with medical school...