DMU

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Kent Ray, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Kent Ray

Kent Ray Member

DMU HAS A NEW FORUM. ITS WAS ESTABLISHED TO EDUCATE THE STUDENTS ABOUT EVERYTHING INVOLVING THE FIRST FOUR YEARS OF MEDICAL SCHOOL. I STILL HAVE ACCESS TO MY EMAIL ACCOUNT AT DMU AND THIS USERNAME/PASSWORD ALLOW ME ACCESS TO MOST OTHER SITES AT DMU.
    THIS MONTH I STARTED A NEW STRING ABOUT THE LACK OF CLINICAL EDUCATION AT DMU. THE VERY NEXT DAY MY THREAD WAS DELETED AND I WAS NO LONGER ALLOWED ON THE SITE. I CALLED THE SCHOOL AND ASKED WHY. THEY TOLD ME THAT THE SITE WAS DESIGNED ONLY FOR STUDENTS AN ALUMNI WERE NOT ALLOWED.
    IN MY OPIONION THIS IS A BAD IDEA. WEATHER MY THOUGHTS ARE RIGHT OR WRONG IS NOT THE POINT. THE POINT IS THAT DMU WOULD RATHER HAVE THE STUDENTS UNINFORMED. THE DO NOT WANT ANYONE VOICING THEIR OPIONION.
    I WAS THINKING THAT I SHOULD WRITE A LETTER TO THE LOCAL NEWPAPER DETAILING A COMPARISON OF TUTION AND EDUCATION OF DMU AND UNIVERSITY OF IOWA.
    REPRESENTATIVES AT DMU CLAIM THAT THINGS ARE CHANGING BUT THEY CANNOT TELL ME ANYTHING NEW SINCE I HAVE GRADUATED 2YRS AGO.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.