DMUCOM vs TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMUCOM vs TUNCOM

• DMUCOM

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • TUNCOM

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

deleted771945

Deciding between these two soon. What does SDN think? Pros/cons labeled with +/-

Context: From TX. Looking to specialize in mostly non-surgical fields (I recognize that my mind could easily change later on).

DMUCOM (Des Moines, IA):
+ 1st year CoA cheaper by $5,474 (thus total CoA ~$20,000 cheaper) using published CoA stats from each website
+ Many students seem to get grants and scholarships ($8,000/student per DO explorer)
+ Graduates seem to match well for a DO school, both in terms of geographic variety and specialty competitiveness

- Graded pre-clinical
- Rotations seem to be spread out
- Not a fan of harsh winters

TUNCOM (Henderson, NV):
+ P/F pre-clinical
+ 3rd year rotations are all near the school

- More expensive (see above)
- Less established school

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
DMU has a clinical site in San Antonio if that could be of importance to you. Maybe you could spend the last 2 years back in Texas depending on the specifics. But having closer rotations and P/F in a warm area is nice at Touro.

Reactions: 1 users
DMU has a clinical site in San Antonio if that could be of importance to you. Maybe you could spend the last 2 years back in Texas depending on the specifics. But having closer rotations and P/F in a warm area is nice at Touro.
Agreed

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Thank you for your response. Honestly, coming back to TX is not a priority for me right now, but I am looking for a place with the strongest education (my bias is with DMU in that regard).

FWIW, I declined my II with TUNCOM b/c I already had an A from DMU and thought they better aligned with my goals.

Reactions: 1 user