Do 100-200 level science courses count in science GPA?

Mar 8, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Im planning on extending my graduation to up my science GPA. Could I just take a bunch of 100-200 level courses? Or should they be 300-400 level?

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
They count towards the GPA, but the schools will see which classes you have taken. If your concern is just raising your sGPA, you can take easy science classes to do that.

metallica81788

Keeper of the Llamaworm
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
It would be better if they were upper level classes, but if you just want to raise your GPA the easiest way you can do the 100-200 levels.

Sammich117

Moderator Emeritus
5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2009
PA
Status
Attending Physician
Yeah, all classes count. It might be a bit of a concern if your last semester just shows super easy classes, so take as high a level as you can.

Aug 15, 2009
Maryland
www.facebook.com
Status
Pre-Medical
def depends whether you really want to learn something or if you're just trying to jack the gpa...my school doesn't even offer 100-level courses for biology majors...but ditto the easy classes if you're just trying to get the GPA up

Mar 8, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Yeah, all classes count. It might be a bit of a concern if your last semester just shows super easy classes, so take as high a level as you can.
Do they really care? I mean Ive taken many upper division classes and have done well in them and im done with a 4 year degree after this semester. I've already demonstrated hat I can handle it. The sole reason for extending my graduation is to up my GPA.

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Do they really care? I mean Ive taken many upper division classes and have done well in them and im done with a 4 year degree after this semester. I've already demonstrated hat I can handle it. The sole reason for extending my graduation is to up my GPA.
If your sole purpose is to raise your GPA, go for the easy classes. I feel like most classes have a few easy upper level classes too. Just ask around and see what you can find.

cpants

10+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
Anything in a science department counts. Take whatever easy classes you want, but keep in mind that you are paying for this education and you shouldn't waste your time and money taking BS. Also, if someone takes the time to review your courses, it will look real bad to have "Earth Science for Humanities Majors" on there.