Do AdComs have access to previous cycle's Letter of Interest or update letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reaction score
Say an applicant is re-applying to the same school in the next cycle. I understand AdComs would have access to the old application, but do they have access to what you wrote in update letters sent via email or through the applicant portal?

Members don't see this ad.

Say an applicant is re-applying to the same school in the next cycle. I understand AdComs would have access to the old application, but do they have access to what you wrote in update letters sent via email or through the applicant portal?
Ngl they might not even read them the first time

Ngl they might not even read them the first time
Haha understood. This is for a school I was waitlisted at, so I'm guessing they possibly may have read it. I'm just a bit worried since I mentioned an activity that I was not able to follow-through on in the update letter, and if they see it's missing on my AMCAS when I re-apply, would that raise a red flag?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Haha understood. This is for a school I was waitlisted at, so I'm guessing they possibly may have read it. I'm just a bit worried since I mentioned an activity that I was not able to follow-through on in the update letter, and if they see it's missing on my AMCAS when I re-apply, would that raise a red flag?
Nope I wouldn’t worry about that.

Nope I wouldn’t worry about that.
There’s no requirement that you mention every activity you’ve ever done. On the contrary, Mt activity list looked very much different the second time applying.

Reactions: 1 user