Do admissions commitees read this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctora Foxy

Meow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they could figure out who we are if they want to. Do you you guys think ad coms read our posts? I think they read interviewfeedback.com, especially the student ad coms people.

Members don't see this ad.

It's possible, though I doubt they have the time. I've certainly disclosed enough to be identified. If you act like a decent human being, though, you probably don't have much to worry about.

The director of admissions at KCOM told me she read what they wrote about the school on interviewfeedback.com

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats a good question. I was thinkin the same thing and ended up altering my profile a bit.

I don't know if the admissions committees read this site too much, but I could see 2nd-4th year students involved in admissions on this site and the Allopathic one.

And if there is anyone from Sinai out there. I am still really interested in your school and would attend it over my current first choice even though I don't want to share a suite with 3 other people!

I don't care if they read it or not. I have never said anything that I would later regret. I do speak my mind and everyone that knows me knows I call them as I see them. :p

At Hopkins they told us that they read interviewfeedback.com

I wouldn't be suprised if they read this site too, if they've found it. Sometimes I wish they would. Has anyone noticed that the people who seem to say the meanest/most close minded things are usually people already admitted?!

Tulane, Michigan, and Case for sure look at Interview feedback. I didn't ask about this site, but I know Tulane doesn't look at it.

I would not be surprised if some of them do. Occasionally, I will see a posting which makes me wonder if the poster is not a member of an admissions committee due to certain comments. If there are any admissions committee members out there, let me in! : :D :D :D

Georgetown also reads interviewfeedback.com

I heard of someone getting called on the carpet by a school's dean, due to complaints on SDN about a particular school's secondary application, when someone from SDN ratted on them.

and that person would be yours truly. :(

basically I wrote some comments on the secondary in a moment of NOT SO-clarity. Though I followed those statements up with positive things about the school, I got screwed. Yet it was someone that came to this board that sent the first page in an email to the adcom of said school. Luckly I had a former professor that wanted to help me learn my lesson. So he called me in and showed me the printed out page (without prior notice) to see the reaction on my face. He saw my genuine shame and remorse and encouraged me to meet with the dean.

long story short: i apologized, he told me he probably also shot from the hip as a kid and he admired that I spoke my mind! got an interview in Oct, had a great day yet placed on waitlist. I didn't wonder why for a sec. Ugly situation, but I learned my lesson.

Members don't see this ad :)
i dont think we should worry about this much. all of us are here to help each other during this long process. we all encourage each other. you guys all have been a very important key members of my support group. i love your positive comments and specially when you bump my stupid question to the top of the list. :clap:

•••quote:•••Originally posted by USeF:
•and that person would be yours truly. :(

basically I wrote some comments on the secondary in a moment of NOT SO-clarity. Though I followed those statements up with positive things about the school, I got screwed. Yet it was someone that came to this board that sent the first page in an email to the adcom of said school. Luckly I had a former professor that wanted to help me learn my lesson. So he called me in and showed me the printed out page (without prior notice) to see the reaction on my face. He saw my genuine shame and remorse and encouraged me to meet with the dean.

long story short: i apologized, he told me he probably also shot from the hip as a kid and he admired that I spoke my mind! got an interview in Oct, had a great day yet placed on waitlist. I didn't wonder why for a sec. Ugly situation, but I learned my lesson.•••••I don't understand....I'm so confused. What happened? :confused:

I'm pretty confused myself. But emailing stuff over to schools from a anonymous forum to nail a fellow premed is rather low.

How awful, low down and dirty. Talk about climbing over the backs of your fellow pre-meds to take what you want. Sorry that happened, but it goes to show you that their are possibly back-stabbers among us.

Be gone with you all who would purposely try to back stab your fellow SDN. :mad: :mad: :mad:

i bet they don't read sdn. takes too long to find stuff on your school. with interviewfeedback.com they can find their own school far more easily. i say don't worry and continue to speak your mind!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by SMW:
•I heard of someone getting called on the carpet by a school's dean, due to complaints on SDN about a particular school's secondary application, when someone from SDN ratted on them.•••••I think that is one of the tackiest things that someone can do to a fellow applicant. I hope that the admissions committee took a really good look at the person who sent the e-mail. To me, that shows an extreme lack of maturity on someone's part.

There are a couple of med students on here who are supposedly involved on their respective admissions committees. However, I don't think they're using this site to weed out prospective applicants. There are also a few med students on here who have made some very specific comments about their school (good and bad), and those comments have found their way back to Deans' offices. :rolleyes: I think it's unfortunate because it makes you a little more hesitant to speak your mind. I've definitely been more cautious about some of my comments as a result.

I guess we could be more anonymous if we wanted to be, but if we were, this site wouldn't be as helpful. As long as we remain mature, I don't think our posting can hurt us, even if adcoms did read them and find out who we were.

And I agree with what someone else said about hoping they read it. Then they'll know how much we go through.

I hate the generic posts on interviewfeedback, if someone's going to withhold important details for fear of being identified by admissions, just don't post there at all. It's such a pain in the butt to dig through all the junk. I give enough details to identify the interviewers so my insights could be helpful to other interviewees, and I don't skim on the dirt. You are helping other people go to medical school, not selling them mattresses. Furthermore, I doubt they have the time to find the source of an anonymous post, whereas it'd be easier just to google your name.
I'm sorry if I'm being rude, but that's the truth.

USEF, so did you post your name or SS number on this board?? how could they identify you if you didn't?
sorry to hear about those rats.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by USeF:
•and that person would be yours truly. :(

long story short: i apologized, he told me he probably also shot from the hip as a kid and he admired that I spoke my mind! got an interview in Oct, had a great day yet placed on waitlist. I didn't wonder why for a sec. Ugly situation, but I learned my lesson.•••••Jeez, that's terrible - yes if you want to make any kind of negative comment, no matter how true, make sure you're anonymous!!

wow. i can't believe that happened.
personally, if i was a dean, i'd recognize the immaturity of the person who had the nerve to forward a post from here.

that's just so wrong.

sorry for the confusion. I've discussed this topic at length so many times that I try and abbreviate it, only to confuse ppl.

To put it bluntly, I was asking for it. I sent the school a letter that I thought was to be helpful, and some questioned both the merit and timing of it, which prompoted me to reflect on the fact that maybe it wasn't the best time. Yet someone decided that my reflection was not good enough and that they could indeed be helped by removing that one seat (me). The dean and the professor both acknowledged the cowardness of this person to send it anonymously, which may have deafened the blow a bit. :)

Back to subject: they would have NEVER found out about it had it not been forwarded by a hater.

Read the thread <a href="http://www.studentdoctor.net/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003238" target="_blank">here</a>. If you are going to read it, please read the WHOLE thing, not just the original post. If it's still not clear, feel free to ask.

UPDATED: above link does not work.. scroll down a few posts to find the 'new' link at the bottom of this page

Wow! What a weasle! Hopefully they found out who it was.

-bumpin this to the top-

I received a PM asking about this situation, so I figured I'd let all of you applying this cycle learn from my short-sighted mistake.

Yes, evil people really do walk amongst us. :eek:
yet in the end they don't win! I got in to a school even better for me, so naaah! :p

how did they know it was you? This board is pretty anonymous, no?

Originally posted by USeF

Read the thread <a href="http://www.studentdoctor.net/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003238" target="_blank">here</a>. If you are going to read it, please read the WHOLE thing, not just the original post. If it's still not clear, feel free to ask. [/B]

um...USef, i tried to click on the thread but it took me back to the index page. any idea why?

yea, cause it's in the old linking system before SDN was revamped this summer. The correct link is at the bottom of page 2 just a couple posts below that one.