Do all acceptances from each interview day get sent at once?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mbe36

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

I see a person recieved an acceptance from the same day I interviewed. Should I assume that all of the acceptances from our interview day were sent today? Or is it possible that they could be sent on different days? The school is NYMC. This was my top choice and I am a bit nervous.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

It would be nice if they did send them all at once, but that doesn't always happen. Sometimes they are sent within a few days of each other. Sometimes there is a long and agonizing wait before the last of them go out.

I see a person recieved an acceptance from the same day I interviewed. Should I assume that all of the acceptances from our interview day were sent today? Or is it possible that they could be sent on different days? The school is NYMC. This was my top choice and I am a bit nervous.

Thanks in advance.

Some of the Ivies (Harvard, Columbia, UPenn) send All of their acceptances out on the same day in March, regardless of what day you interviewed. As for most of the other schools, some send out acceptances around the same time for those who interviewed on the same day because their committees meet once each week. Others though send out acceptances, rejections, and waitlist at different times depending on how interested they are in an applicant. In your case, I think NYMC may have reviewed all of the interviewed applicants on the same day, so it's possible that they would send out all their acceptances on the same day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some of the Ivies (Harvard, Columbia, UPenn) send All of their acceptances out on the same day in March, regardless of what day you interviewed. As for most of the other schools, some send out acceptances around the same time for those who interviewed on the same day because their committees meet once each week. Others though send out acceptances, rejections, and waitlist at different times depending on how interested they are in an applicant. In your case, I think NYMC may have reviewed all of the interviewed applicants on the same day, so it's possible that they would send out all their acceptances on the same day.

Can you confirm this? I am just curious.

Can you confirm this? I am just curious.

Have you tried calling up NYMC directly and asking them about it (or ask them about your status). I don't think it matters what day your decision was sent out.

NYMC is a school that reviews applicants that interviewed on the same day...sorry. Unless there was some huge extinuating circumstance (which there always could be) where your interviewer had to rush out of town and therefore couldn't make the meeting, they probably already made a decision on your file. The mail out the waitlists/rejections the same day they send the acceptance emails, so either way you should know pretty soon. Good luck, I know it was a harsh reality when I saw people in my interview group get accepted but I wasn't one of them!

This is bad news. I really love this school. I would also assume that they are not waitlisting any longer or that a waitlist position this late is fairly useless.

I would also assume that they are not waitlisting any longer or that a waitlist position this late is fairly useless.

?????

You could easily be put at the top of the waitlist. Why would a waitlist position be useless?

?????

You could easily be put at the top of the waitlist. Why would a waitlist position be useless?

I did not know they ranked their waitlist.

I just saw someone got an acceptance from a 3/19 interview. This is after someone from a 3/26 date heard. Another was from Feb. I hope this means I could still be hearing some good news.

I just saw someone got an acceptance from a 3/19 interview. This is after someone from a 3/26 date heard. Another was from Feb. I hope this means I could still be hearing some good news.

I don't know what to think about NYMC at this point. It doesn't seem like all the emails went out on the same day in the past either, but maybe it's just wishful thinking.