do americans know what SSHRC is?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luckyoceania

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
silly question perhaps, but I just don't know. Do I need to spell out what it is if I mention it in writing? (By 'americans', I refer to your typical grad student or prof.)

TIA!

Members don't see this ad.

silly question perhaps, but I just don't know. Do I need to spell out what it is if I mention it in writing? (By 'americans', I refer to your typical grad student or prof.)

TIA!

Spell it out. Even if they know the agency, they won't know details about the awards like we do here. :)

Maybe not, I thought SSHRC (Canadian awards) were not transferable to the U.S.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe not, I thought SSHRC (Canadian awards) were not transferable to the U.S.

They definitely are.

BUT! Take a look at the SSHRC and CIHR funding priorities! SSHRC says it does not fund anything anymore that might be better covered by CIHR--this includes almost anything related to health in any way. If you do that kind of work you should apply to CIHR, not SSHRC now. I wasted last year's application cycle on a SSHRC award. :( SSHRC is funding more work in humanities and international relations studies now.

Yeah, basically, you need CIHR now if you want to nab one for Clin Psy.

Oh, and, not only are CIHR fellowships extended to Canadians in the US, but you actually get a $5000 *bonus* if you're studying outside Canada.

Speaking of this, anyone know when the CIHR fellowships are announced? I'm waiting with bated breath. I thought I found it on the CIHR web site a few months ago but now can't find it again.