do any of you dream of the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NilamPatel

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for the last couple days I've been dreaming about taking the test, ridiculous things that can wrong (ie: not having #2 pencil or my favorite was I got kicked out of the exam because I used blue pen). I'm scared to sleep :(

Members don't see this ad.

NilamPatel said:
for the last couple days I've been dreaming about taking the test, ridiculous things that can wrong (ie: not having #2 pencil or my favorite was I got kicked out of the exam because I used blue pen). I'm scared to sleep :(

hey nilam

yeah i've been having some crazy dreams too. in my last dream i walked into the mcat, and the proctors announced that the aamc put in another section called "quantum mechanics reasoning" right aftter the verbal reasoning. i've also had dreams of getting my scores back, once that i got a 30 :) and once that i got a 1 in verbal. verbal's not my strong suit, because me from india and me no be able to read. good luck to you,

sadly, yes. for the last few days, my mind has really been occupied by hte mcat. i've been trying to get to bed at 10 or 1030, but i can't seem to fall asleep for quite awhile, then i wake up at like, 530ish or earlier because of whatever mcat anxieties i have. it's really quite sad that i have these dreams. "you know you're studying for the mcat too much when...."

I dreamed that I got my scores back and they were 6, 6, 6... yeah, um, can you tell that I hate the mcat more than satan himself? :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
It has taken me 2-3 hrs to fall asleep all week, regardless of how early or late I've gone to bed. Last night was the first night in a while I fell asleep within about 30 or so minutes, and mostly because I had a great studying experience yesterday (I FINALLY actually UNDERSTAND ochem rxns, I know WHY they're happening and I'm no longer having to memorize, I see the trends and can deduce what will happen...and I've been doing well on the Kaplan OChem questions, so this can only help my Bio score). Anyways...think positive. Rather than seeing yourself in bad situations, visualize yourself annhilating it. Visualize yourself walking in and sitting down and ripping through it, but please, no curve busters :p .

Generally the MCAT seems to rob me of my sleep rather than appear in it. I would welcome a few more hours a night at this point (up past 2am last night), even with some MCAT nightmares.

For some reason, during the early hours of the morning, I THINK I'm awake and studying, but in reality, I'm still in bed.

And also, oxidation keeps popping into my head.

And a few nightmares.

Is this bad?

CoffeeCat said:
Generally the MCAT seems to rob me of my sleep rather than appear in it. I would welcome a few more hours a night at this point (up past 2am last night), even with some MCAT nightmares.

agreed-- my sleep schedule has been completely destroyed :( i tried to make myself sleepier by drinking some wine-- but that just made me sad cuz when i opened the wine, i realized that it had gone bad :(

i once had a dream taht the proctor put a test booklet in front of me that was a tower of paper that kept growing and broke through the ceiling and went all the way to the moon. it wasn't bound either, so physical science pages kept falling on me-- i was sad because all i could think was my bubble sheet wasn't big enough and that the pages were all out of order :(

i am so glad im not the only one, as the days go by im getting increasingly restless, craby, moody, tired...and this is nothing compared to the getting into med school and making it through med school...

this is the life we choose

i keep waking up every morning thinking its MCAT sat lol, and I panic when I look at the alarm clock and it says 8:30. I had a dream about not being able to get to even take an mcat b/c i forgot to put my photo on the ID card.

yea, all I have been dreaming of is that I miss the exam! My sleep routine has totally changed over the summer..sleeping at 3 and waking at 11. now I have to make myself sleep way earlier to get used to this.