Do any of you guys have a "thing"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ionz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just something fun to talk about before D-day lol..

So here's my thing. I haven't had a lick of beer, abstained from fantasy football (some may consider it gambling:whistle:), and haven't cracked my fingers since submitting my AADSAS application (hardest thing ever). Sounds ridiculous I know, but being the superstitious guy that I am, I like to believe that it keeps my karma-meter in check and that kind of soothes me in the most irrational way possible :laugh:

So what's your thing? Or maybe I'm just crazy.....

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe you're just crazy. haha. Kidding, but I'm not really superstitious. haha.

Also, kudos on abstaining from Fantasy Football. I couldn't do that. I will have to stop when/if I start dental school. I already waste too much time on it

Reactions: 1 users
This reminds me of the Bud Light (or was it Budweiser?) commercials lol.

Not superstitious or anything, but I've been trying to ignore the constant worry from my dad every time we talk on the phone. He's more worried about the whole process than I am!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Some may think I'm crazy, but my thing is that I haven't told any of my friends I've applied and got all these interviews because I don't want to jinx it!

Some may think I'm crazy, but my thing is that I haven't told any of my friends I've applied and got all these interviews because I don't want to jinx it!

Reactions: 1 user
I had this thing back when I was studying for the DAT, it wasn't superstition or anything like that. I did it to motivate myself, but it's rather dumb and embarrassing so I'm not not going to disclose what it was. :oops:

I had this thing back when I was studying for the DAT, it wasn't superstition or anything like that. I did it to motivate myself, but it's rather dumb and embarrassing so I'm not not going to disclose what it was. :oops:
you're going to leave us with a cliffhanger like that?! I'll just let my mind wander, I suppose...

None at all? I guess the benefit is that you won't have people asking you for results on Dec 2 if it ends up being a quiet day for you.

None at all? I guess the benefit is that you won't have people asking you for results on Dec 2 if it ends up being a quiet day for you.

I've told only two close friends! Otherwise only my immediate family knows.

I've told only two close friends! Otherwise only my immediate family knows.

I had a friend do that for med school. I could never! Thankfully, people have stopped asking me about it.
"Did you hear back yet?" Nope
"When do you hear back?" Dec 2
End of discussion

I'm right there with you! When it's my turn to apply, I wouldn't tell anyone either. I'm not really superstitious but I'd rather not have many people know about. In the end, it isn't going to change their life whether I get in or not :p! The only people I would tell would be my parents, otherwise it isn't anyone's business in my opinion!

I kinda wish I would have done that. All my coworkers know. I get asked by 5+ people a day when my next interview is, and when I'm hearing back. It's so annoying :(

Just something fun to talk about before D-day lol..

So here's my thing. I haven't had a lick of beer, abstained from fantasy football (some may consider it gambling:whistle:), and haven't cracked my fingers since submitting my AADSAS application (hardest thing ever). Sounds ridiculous I know, but being the superstitious guy that I am, I like to believe that it keeps my karma-meter in check and that kind of soothes me in the most irrational way possible :laugh:

So what's your thing? Or maybe I'm just crazy.....
My thing is between my pants. This thread probably does not need to exist.

Reactions: 2 users
Because "jinxing" can't happen. C'mon - you've taken enough science courses to not believe in ridiculous things.