Do any one know any good Colleges to attend for Dental School?

DreamLover02

15+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2002
Status (Visible)
Can u please help me out by telling me what are some good colleges to attend for Dental School?
Thankyou!:)

groundhog

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2000
Visit site
Status (Visible)
Well, I know of two. Brigham Young University pre-dent grads have a high dental school acceptance rate and are well prepared to face the initial rigors of dental school. The University of Washington science departments do a good job of preparing prospective dental students for the Bio, GChem, and OChem sections of the DAT.

Centrum

SMILEY KING
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2002
TX
Status (Visible)
Brigham Young University HAS HIGH ACCEPTANCE RATES FOR ALL OF THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS ACTUALLY. HMM, MAYBE I SHOULD BECOME A MORMON. POLYGAMY DOESN'T SOUND TOO BAD......

About the Ads

UBTom

Class '04 official geezer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2002
Queens, NY
www.iloveny.com
Status (Visible)
to Dreamlover2:

I wouldn't worry about choosing a college solely for the purpose of getting into dental school.

Whichever college you attend, if you are willing to put out the effort in the relevent courses (i.e. pre-dental requirements), you will do fine.

I wouldn't worry too much about the DATs. I took the DATs in my senior year of college long after I completed all the predental courses (in freshman and sophomore years!), with just one month of Kaplan preparation and reviewing test questions from bookstore DAT testbooks and scored a 21 total.

If you got the desire and fortitude to achieve the goal, you can do it no matter what college you attend. :D

Good luck!

nycdoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
UBTom's got it right. I went to a no-name college for 3 yrs. before transferring to a well-known university. I had a 3.8 before transferring. At my interview the professors said I should have stayed at podunk college and finished my pre-reqs:laugh:
I don't think the name of the school matters much....maybe the Ivys carry some weight but I doubt there's any sort of grade adjustment for the 'great' colleges.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads