Do any one know any good Colleges to attend for Dental School?

Discussion in 'Dental' started by DreamLover02, Jul 27, 2002.

1. DreamLover02

DreamLover02 New Member

Can u please help me out by telling me what are some good colleges to attend for Dental School?
    Thankyou!:)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. groundhog

groundhog 1K Member

Well, I know of two. Brigham Young University pre-dent grads have a high dental school acceptance rate and are well prepared to face the initial rigors of dental school. The University of Washington science departments do a good job of preparing prospective dental students for the Bio, GChem, and OChem sections of the DAT.

4. Centrum

Centrum SMILEY KING

Brigham Young University HAS HIGH ACCEPTANCE RATES FOR ALL OF THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS ACTUALLY. HMM, MAYBE I SHOULD BECOME A MORMON. POLYGAMY DOESN'T SOUND TOO BAD......

5. UBTom

UBTom Class '04 official geezer

to Dreamlover2:

I wouldn't worry about choosing a college solely for the purpose of getting into dental school.

Whichever college you attend, if you are willing to put out the effort in the relevent courses (i.e. pre-dental requirements), you will do fine.

I wouldn't worry too much about the DATs. I took the DATs in my senior year of college long after I completed all the predental courses (in freshman and sophomore years!), with just one month of Kaplan preparation and reviewing test questions from bookstore DAT testbooks and scored a 21 total.

If you got the desire and fortitude to achieve the goal, you can do it no matter what college you attend. :D

Good luck!

6. nycdoc

nycdoc Senior Member

UBTom's got it right. I went to a no-name college for 3 yrs. before transferring to a well-known university. I had a 3.8 before transferring. At my interview the professors said I should have stayed at podunk college and finished my pre-reqs:laugh:
    I don't think the name of the school matters much....maybe the Ivys carry some weight but I doubt there's any sort of grade adjustment for the 'great' colleges.