DO applicant at U Washington Seattle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

george113

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a 4th year DO student applying for Psychiatry programs. I am really interested in the program at UW, but haven't received an interview offer yet. I can't find a resident list on the psych website, but the resident lists of other residency programs at UW are filled with MDs. Does anyone know where I can find a list? Are there any DOs in the program, or have they given interviews to DOs in the past? Just curious about the DO "friendliness" of the program.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a 4th year DO student applying for Psychiatry programs. I am really interested in the program at UW, but haven't received an interview offer yet. I can't find a resident list on the psych website, but the resident lists of other residency programs at UW are filled with MDs. Does anyone know where I can find a list? Are there any DOs in the program, or have they given interviews to DOs in the past? Just curious about the DO "friendliness" of the program.

Thanks

UW does not categorically exclude D.O.'s from consideration. Can't tell you offhand how many D.O.'s there are at UW, but they do exist.

-AT.

it seems that considerably fewer DOs go into psychiatry than go into other fields in the first place. I think it'd be pretty hard to figure out how DO friendly a place is based on how many people are in that program for that reason.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the replies. That sounds like a reasonable theory masterofmonkeys.

I do know a DO who did their rural track for psych where he did some time in Seattle and some time in Spokane. He completed residency probably 4 years ago or so. So it seems they have taken DOs before....

I am an MD 4th year from the midwest with really good board scores and good letters and got denied an interview at UW. I didn't hear from them until after November 1st and my ERAS was in early. Their note said they had a really high volume of apps this year so they couldn't interview me. I did get interview invites from every other place I applied, including Duke, so not sure what the deal is there. I was thinking it was some geographical bias since I am from nowhere near there.....