• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

DO applying DR suggestions?

ISOtwinkie

5+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2015
  1. Medical Student
OMS3 here, I am 100% set on DR. It's the only specialty I can see myself enjoying long term.
I was wondering if anyone can point me towards some programs I might have a shot at? I've looked at programs to see whether they've accepted DO's in the past, but I've realized these can be misleading because that one DO per year could have had 250+ step 1. Not picky about location.

STEP 1 - 220ish, COMLEX-610ish
STEP 2/COMLEX 2 TBD
research - a few presentations, a few pubs (non rads specific)

Dr.Bruh

2+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2018
Just apply broadly (focus on Midwest programs which are usually more DO friendly), and apply to all former AOA Rads programs (theres a decent amount that made ther merger)

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

trident_gum

2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2018
  1. Pre-Medical
Check this post out by Radagion, he lists several schools that are more DO friendly.

Reactions: 1 users

ISOtwinkie

5+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2015
  1. Medical Student
Check this post out by Radagion, he lists several schools that are more DO friendly.

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much.

EKGdoc

5+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2014
University of Illinois College of Medicine-Peoria (UICOMP). Very DO friendly for Rads residents and fellowships. (I’m EM core faculty but work closely with the Rads program/residents/fellows).

Reactions: 2 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.