• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

DO Chance me! ?cGPA 3.49 sGPA 3.19 MCAT 28Q

PreDoc4321

Apr 25, 2012
  1. Pre-Medical
After shadowing DO's and visiting DO schools, I am 100% sure that I will apply to Osteopathic Medical Schools.

Here are my basic stats:
cGPA 3.45
sGPA: 3.19
MCAT: 28Q

I have a slight downward trend with my grades that I am worried about. It's not too drastic, but it is noticeable. Pretty standard shadowing and volunteer work. I work full-time as a means to pay my way through undergrad, though.

Any advice?
Thanks!

BestDoctorEver

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2009
  1. Medical Student
After shadowing DO's and visiting DO schools, I am 100% sure that I will apply to Osteopathic Medical Schools.

Here are my basic stats:
cGPA 3.45

I have a slight downward trend with my grades that I am worried about. It's not too drastic, but it is noticeable. Pretty standard shadowing and volunteer work. I work full-time as a means to pay my way through undergrad, though.

Any advice?
Thanks!
Great chance even with a lower than average sGPA. If the downward trend happened in your last semester with no failing grades, it can be easily explained. Dont worry too much. Rock your interviews and you good to go.

Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
  1. Attending Physician

Here are my basic stats:
cGPA 3.45

Any advice?
Maybe you could list your last two year's GPAs and explain what you mean by "slight." In what classes did you earn low science grades this year? What will your grades be this term?

About the Ads
About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.