Do courses get transferred from PA to med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lolaaa

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm a premed who was trying to get into med school but faced some financial difficulties. My plan is to go to PA then work as a pa for some time then apply for med school. Do you guys know if my pa education will help me pass some of first year classes in med school or are they completely different from each other? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I do not believe so. However, LECOM (if osteopathic schools are up your alley) has a PA to DO bridge program which is 3 years instead of 4.

Reactions: 1 users
It'll help with the sciences for sure, but the classes themselves do not transfer.

David D MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would encourage you to reconsider your plan which is to essentially pursue an expensive graduate program in order to work and then fund an additional graduate program to become a doctor. The years you’ll spend in PA school and the amount you’ll end up spending for an extra graduate program is just not worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
I would encourage you to reconsider your plan which is to essentially pursue an expensive graduate program in order to work and then fund an additional graduate program to become a doctor. The years you’ll spend in PA school and the amount you’ll end up spending for an extra graduate program is just not worth it.

THIS ^^^^
Take out the loans instead for med school now, skip PA costs which womt get paid back anyway before you start med school.