Do Dental Hygiene courses count for science GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicineGyal

Reaction score
I have undergrad degrees in biology and psychology, a cumulative GPA of 3.33 and a science GPA of 3.1. I am going to get my dental hygiene certificate. I am wondering does dental hygiene courses count for science GPA? Here's my course list.

• DEH 1002 Clinical Dental Hygiene Procedures and DEH 1002L Clinical Dental Hygiene Procedures Laboratory
  • DEH 2400 General and Oral Pathology
  • DEH 1800 Dental Hygiene I and DEH 1800L Dental Hygiene I Clinic
  • DEH 2300 Dental Pharmacology
  • DEH 1802 Dental Hygiene II and DEH 1802L Dental Hygiene II Clinic
  • DEH 1602 Periodontology and DEH 1602L Periodontology Laboratory
  • DES 1054 Pain Control and Anesthesia
  • DEH 1130 Oral Histology and Embryology
  • DEH 2701 Community Dental Health and DEH 2701L Community Dental Health Laboratory
  • DEH 2804L Dental Hygiene III Clinic
  • DEH 2806 Dental Hygiene IV and DEH 2806L Dental Hygiene IV Clinic

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a friend that actually took this route. His hygiene coursework did not count toward his science GPA. They only looked at his science prerequisites. He had trouble getting an answer from anyone at the school though. They took a couple months to get back to him, so I'm not sure if this is standard practice to not count them or not.

Some of my dental hygiene courses (such as oral anatomy, oral path, pharmacology, embryology, etc) were counted towards my sGPA. But I got a B.S in dental hygiene and did all those courses at a 4-year university.